What have I destroyed after Overclocking?

Hi!

First if all Here are my specs: 

PSU: a very old one like 5-6 years old

Mobo: MSI h55m-e33

CPU: i3 530 

I just overclocked my cpu. After i finished setting up everything in bios I started Windows normally and Browsed a bit on the Internet, watched YouTube videos etc...

After I TURNT OFF my Computer I attempted to turn it on again but NOTHING happens. Nothing is moving,spinning, shining!

I assume and hope it is the CPU.

What I have done already:

1. I have resetted my motherboard and moved the battery in and out.

2. I did the Power supply test where you use a Paperclip to notify if your PSU works or not. The Result: My PSU is spinning/running and my motherboard's light is shining, BUT not working.

Edit: the funny thing is when i fully connect the PSU to my motherboard it doesnt wanna start. Neither itself nor the Fans. 

Best regards <3

1 minute ago, DEcobra11 said:

The magic trick that works 75% of the times:

Clear CMOS

Yas

I have many leather-bound books.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6800K - 4.3 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe II | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU:  Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 | PSU: Corsair RM750i | Case: NZXT Switch 810 | Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 Hydro | Monitors: Acer G257HU - Acer GN246HL | Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Razer Mamba -  Astro A50

Do you have any other PSU's at hand? it sounds like your PSU has a halfway blown cap somewhere and can only supply just enough wattage to power up the lights, as soon as something as heavy as the CPU or RAM needs power it just shuts off

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

4 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

Clear CMOS

Click here to find out how to un-fuck up a bad CPU overlock.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

7 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

Clear CMOS

I already did that.

Did nothing.

3 minutes ago, Johannes_Lazor said:

Do you have any other PSU's at hand? it sounds like your PSU has a halfway blown cap somewhere can can only supply just enough wattage to power up the lights, as soon as something as heavy as the CPU or RAM needs power it just shuts off

I'm gonna buy a New one today. Gonna try it out if it works.

Just wondering, maybe you put too much voltage and caused the socket to go poof. I pulled up your mobo and it only have one four pin for the cpu. Just a thought

Fire Tail: CPU - Intel 7700k. MOBO - MSI M5 Gaming Z270

RAM - G.Skill RipJaws V 2x8GB (16GB). GPU - MSI 1070 Gaming X

Editing Rig: CPU - AMD Ryzen 3900x with NZTX Krackenx240. MOBO - MSI ACE MEG Z570

RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (16GBx2) 3200hz. GPU - MSI Gaming Trio 2070 Super

1 hour ago, Fuzz_Ball said:

Just wondering, maybe you put too much voltage and caused the socket to go poof. I pulled up your mobo and it only have one four pin for the cpu. Just a thought

So my CPU has Been fried?

14 minutes ago, holeekebab said:

No.  It's almost impossible to kill a cpu on air cooling. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

14 minutes ago, holeekebab said:

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

22 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

Tbh i dont mind the CPU beging dead since i wanted to substitute it anyway.

How high are the odds that my motherboard is dead.

When i did the power supply test its light atleast "shined".

27 minutes ago, holeekebab said:

Tbh i dont mind the CPU beging dead since i wanted to substitute it anyway.

How high are the odds that my motherboard is dead.

When i did the power supply test its light atleast "shined".

If it was the cpu the fans would spin up, the post would start and fail. It's either the psu or motherboard. I would bet it is the psu, but again, it could be the mobo

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

7 minutes ago, incarnate said:

If it was the cpu the fans would spin up, the post would start and fail. It's either the psu or motherboard. I would bet it is the psu, but again, it could be the mobo

I hope/think it is the CPU.

Before that my PC sometimes froze out and i read that this may be caused because of a poor PSU.

I mean it cant be the motherboard because When i did the PSU test its light shined right?

6 hours ago, holeekebab said:

I hope/think it is the CPU.

Before that my PC sometimes froze out and i read that this may be caused because of a poor PSU.

I mean it cant be the motherboard because When i did the PSU test its light shined right?

Just because the lights come on doesn't necessarily rule it out, but like I said I personally think it's the psu, but I'm pretty sure that the cpu isn't the problem. It could be dead too, but it's not very likely.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB