Birthday gift for gf?

KingBaby

The two things my girlfriend wants is a decent camera because she wants to get in to photography and I have to say she is good at it and would use the camera very often but she had a decent idea that I was getting her a camera. The other thing she wants is a wii U with a couple of games. Some people have different opinions about the console but I know she would use it every second day and we can defiantly play together so the thing is, buying the Wii U would be an actual surprise and even with the two games she wants its gonna be 150$ cheaper. Im not cheap, just the thing with money is that I can only work part time due to school so it would probably be better to get her that but what do you guys think?

So what do you guys say?

Wii U

or

DSLR camera

If you get the wii U she will be disappointed because she is expecting a DLSR  j/s

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

5 minutes ago, KingBaby said:

The two things my girlfriend wants is a decent camera because she wants to get in to photography and I have to say she is good at it and would use the camera very often but she had a decent idea that I was getting her a camera. The other thing she wants is a wii U with a couple of games. Some people have different opinions about the console but I know she would use it every second day and we can defiantly play together so the thing is, buying the Wii U would be an actual surprise and even with the two games she wants its gonna be 150$ cheaper. Im not cheap, just the thing with money is that I can only work part time due to school so it would probably be better to get her that but what do you guys think?

So what do you guys say?

Wii U

or

DSLR camera

Look at this pragmatically. You said yourself that money is at least somewhat tight.

Can you afford the DSLR Camera? And I don't mean that you have enough money in your bank account. I mean, in 2 months, will you miss that money being there? In 6 months, will that money make a difference somewhere?

If you're concerned about the $150 difference, get the WiiU. All that matters is that it is a thoughtful gift that you think she will enjoy.

Save the DSLR for Christmas, or let another friend/family member buy the camera for her.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, BOT Edward said:

If you get the wii U she will be disappointed because she is expecting a DLSR  j/s

The thing is, she wont stop talking about the wii u and I honestly thing I might of convinced her that I am only spending like 50$ (It was joke of course)

3 minutes ago, KingBaby said:

we can defiantly play together

Sounds like a very "interesting" relationship you got there.

I'd say the Wii U since you can just use your phone and some cheap phone tripods to take pretty amazing pictures these days.

Also when it comes to tech like this i'd suggest you let her figure out what kind of camera she wants tbh.

Best gift idea

Step 1 : Cut a hole in a box..

Step 2 : ....

PS: I think you better off buying that camera she'll remember you for that, game/gaming shit, you can get it anytime , this would be special in a way.

Details separate people.

Just now, boomey5555 said:

Sounds like a very "interesting" relationship you got there.

I'd say the Wii U since you can just use your phone and some cheap phone tripods to take pretty amazing pictures these days.

Also when it comes to tech like this i'd suggest you let her figure out what kind of camera she wants tbh.

Why is that interesting?

Boyfriend and girlfriend playing video games together is like, 99% common, and normal.

Remember, most people aren't weird or shy guys who stay in their basements and never talk to girls :P

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Sounds like a very " interesting " relationship you got there.

That does make sense, and I might save the camera for Christmas like

dalekphalm

said. She does have an iphone 6 so that takes decent pictures atm.

Also what do you mean by " interesting " lol

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Why is that interesting?

Boyfriend and girlfriend playing video games together is like, 99% common, and normal.

Remember, most people aren't weird or shy guys who stay in their basements and never talk to girls :P

Defiantly playing video games doesn't sound like a normal thing to me. I'd say if you don't want to play them then don't XD.

1 minute ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Best gift idea

Step 1 : Cut a hole in a box..

Step 2 : ....

PS: I think you better off buying that camera she'll remember you for that, game/gaming shit, you can get it anytime , this would be special in a way.

Eh, you can't really say that with certainty. You don't know her, and don't know what she will find "special". He already said she can't stop talking about the WiiU. Frankly, if it's a surprise, I think she'll really remember it.

I was poking fun at auto correct/spell check if you didn't notice.

Defiantly playing video games doesn't sound like a normal thing to me. I'd say if you don't want to play them then don't XD.

I just don't think I understand what you're trying to say?

Of course, if you as a person are not interested in video games, you shouldn't force yourself to play... But most people play video games, at least casually. And "people" includes girls and women :P

1 minute ago, boomey5555 said:

Me and her play games all the time. She actually had my old pc as her setup currently and her last birthday gift was all the silent hill games for PS2

I was poking fun at auto correct/spell check if you didn't notice.

Yes I see that now... People misspell shit on here so often, I hardly even notice anymore. Though defiantly is an interesting one, since it sounds different then definitely :P

Just now, KingBaby said:

Me and her play games all the time. She actually had my old pc as her setup currently and her last birthday gift was all the silent hill games for PS2

Yeah he was poking fun at you spelling "definitely" wrong... move along. Nothing to see there :P Back on topic!

Eh, you can't really say that with certainty. You don't know her, and don't know what she will find "special". He already said she can't stop talking about the WiiU. Frankly, if it's a surprise, I think she'll really remember it.

maybe.

Details separate people.

haha sorry I am a bit dyslexic.

But I think I might go with the Wii U because it's something we can enjoy together for a long time seeing as they are still coming out with games.

Also it isn't anything I have to order in to the province and I can pick it up next payday. (her birthday is in two and a half weeks)

Just now, KingBaby said:

Also it isn't anything I have to order in to the province and I can pick it up next payday. (her birthday is in two and a half weeks)

Just make sure they have stock :P The worst is when they sell out of something you're just about to pick up, and it's a gift and now you're screwed... Plan B: Buy her a camera! lol jk

Just make sure they have stock :P The worst is when they sell out of something you're just about to pick up, and it's a gift and now you're screwed... Plan B: Buy her a camera! lol jk

Haha I have had that happen to me lots of times but I dont think there is a high chance that walmart, EB games, bestbuy and a couple other stores will sell out by next friday lol

16 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

RemembEr, most people aren't weird or shy guys who stay in their basements and never talk to girls :P

Hello? Is someone talking about me? Lol

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Well a Wii U is something you can use and have fun with together. It's also a luxury item; I assume that if you get the camera the Wii U will not be purchased for a while if at all (lack of interest in the future or other consoles have come out). This makes the Wii U a good choice imo since she'll probably get a camera sooner or later, but the same can't be said for the Wii U.

A camera packed in a dickinabox box

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)