Logitech G502 mouse feet question

So I was looking for a new mouse and I fell in love with the Logitech G502 PROTEUS Core. there's a second version of it that has custom rgb lighting but it's w/e.

So as I always do when I consider to buy a new product, I started looking for potential problems on different forums and I found out that a lot of people have a problem where their mouse feet wear off and just get messed up in the first few days.

As I kept on reading, I encountered people saying that Logitech actually "fixed" this issue by changing the mouse feet form a bit or something like that.

The thing that confuses me is that I still see a lot of people saying that they didn't really fix it and many others who are sure that the issue has been resolved.

So I guess the "fixed" version of the mouse should have a different model number? and if I look for a mouse with a certain model number I'll get a "fixed" one?

Or maybe the newer version of this mouse "the PROTEUS SPECTRUM has better feet? I really don't know anymore...

Please, if anybody has any experience with this mouse, share your information with me! 

I really really like all the features and the design and everything and this potential issue is the only thing that threw me off for now.

I can't really use Logitech's feature where they send you new feet whenever you need them so I want to get a mouse and not have to think of this anymore.

Any info would be helpful. thanks in advance!

Edit: I just found out that the "core" version has been discontinued and the "spectrum" one has replaced it.

Still, people are saying that the same issue is found on it...everyone is telling me different things and I'm confused as of right now.

I have been using this mouse on a hard mousepad for over 2 years now and the feet show no real signs of wear. I will check when I get home for the model number, but then again I haven't heard anywhere about this being a problem for the 502.

When in doubt, re-format.

My brother has one. He bought it 2 years ago. Still no problems. I find it very sturdy.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The mouse feet on my G502 is easy to scratch, but it does not wear off. I have been using this mouse for a year now and there are not problems with the mouse feet or anything else.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

I'm using the logitech G602 and I'm pretty sure they use the same kind of teflon, I've been using it on a soft pad for 2 years as well and no signs of wear, but I occasionally have to polish it with my cotton shirt.

sounds optimistic :D Do you guys have the "core" or the "spectrum" edition?

3 minutes ago, George. said:

sounds optimistic :D Do you guys have the "core" or the "spectrum" edition?

no

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bought the original 502 as soon as it came out, using on a Steel Series QCK since then. still in great shape.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

16 minutes ago, simonbyrial said:

no

Well that is very specific isn't it when he says do you have the "core or spectrum" and you no? No to which one?

Current PC: "For Now Because I Have A Habit"

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700K @4.5Ghz

Motherboard: Asrock Z170 Extreme4

RAM: 16GB G.skill TridentZ 3200Mhz DDR4

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 Riing RGB Edition 

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition MSI

Case: Limited Edition Thermaltake View 31 Riing RGB

Power Supply: CoolerMaster V750 Fully Modular

SSD: Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB

HDD: 3TB Toshiba 7200RPM

Peripherals:

Monitor: AOC U2868PQU 4K 28" 60HZ

Keyboard: G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB Cherry MX Red

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite

Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Speed Extended

Speakers: Creative SBS A250

Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro 7.1

Just now, SLIClocker said:

Well that is very specific isn't it when he says do you have the "core or spectrum" and you no? No to which one?

:D:D It's cool. I guess I'm gonna get the "core" one since I don't really care about the custom lights and stuff (it's under the palm so it's kinda w/e). gonna wait a bit for some more people to share their experiences. just to be completely sure. :)

Im actually using the "spectrum" version now since it got released. No problems at all :). Mabye a bit dust stucking in the triangle pattern of the mouse.

Edit: If you want to get the "core" version be quick since logitech stopped making those and startet to make only "spectrums" :)

Workstation: I7 4790K| Noctua NH-D15| Gigabyte gtx 660 OC| 16Gb Ram 1600Mhz| 2x FullHD 16:9 Monitors

Gaming rig:  FX6100 @ 4.5GHz| Club 3D radeon HD 7870XT Joker| 8Gb Kingston HyperX @ 2133MHz| MSI GAMING 970| 1680x1050 Monitor

Notebook:    Custom MSI GE60| I7 4710HQ| Nvidia Geforce gtx 860

9 minutes ago, HansEberhart said:

Im actually using the "spectrum" version now since it got released. No problems at all :). Mabye a bit dust stucking in the triangle pattern of the mouse.

Edit: If you want to get the "core" version be quick since logitech stopped making those and startet to make only "spectrums" :)

nice! oh that wouldn't really be a problem for me since the online shops in my country have tons of old products...everything works kinda slow here...thanks for looking out however. :D

Been using the g502 as well for about a year. It's the core version and I love it, no signs of wear yet.

I've been using the original core since it came out and haven't had any issues.  Only thing I don't like about it is the texturing on the sides for grip is really hard to clean.  Other then that it's been the best mouse I've owned to date.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Thank you all for responding! Since everyone shares the same opinion on this topic, I'm gonna go ahead and buy the "core" one in the next few days. Can't wait to have this beauty in mah hands :D Thank you, again! :)