How to control two computers using one keyboard and mouse?

maybethisnamewillwork

I need to control two computers using one keyboard and mouse. I have two separate monitors, also my main 4K monitor has multiple inputs so I can display the another computer at one quarter of the screen (1920x1080).
Is there good software made for this? I know there's KVM switches, but software would fit my purpose better.

Computer #1 is using Win10 Pro and computer #2 Win10 Home, they are both connected to the same network.

Thanks.

i think there are hardware splitters for this with a switch that lets you swap which PC you are controlling IIRC not sure what they are called in english tho 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

for the mouse,you could use synergy,and for the keyboard i would recomand a usb hub with switches

I will try this Synergy and see how it works.

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i think there are hardware splitters for this with a switch that lets you swap which PC you are controlling IIRC not sure what they are called in english tho 

I think you're referring to KVM switch.

1 minute ago, maybethisnamewillwork said:

I will try this Synergy and see how it works.

I think you're referring to KVM switch.

yah thats the one, thanks :) they are pretty nice

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016