Could someone help me select a gaming screen?

Contentin

Hey guys. Looking for a new monitor. It will be for gaming but on the lower end of the price scale the gaming screens sell for.

Here are the priorities

- Low input lag and response time. Doesn't have to be 1ms, but it will be used for gaming so on the lower end.

- Moderate budget. Preferably under $550 AUD.

- Decent image quality. You hear that the TN gaming panels are rubbish, but i'm not certain.

- 1440P OR 144hz. I don't have the power to drive both. I don't actually have a preference here, 1080P is fine for me. I get 100+ FPS at 1080P now.

The input lag and latency is important, I use it for gaming (sim racing) but not for shooters, so the requirement of a high refresh rate isn't quite as vital.

Basically, I'm a bit lost in my look. I considered the monitors like the 24 Inch Asus VQ24 that everyone recommends. Preferably I'd prefer 27 inch but I keep reading about how terrible the colours on those entry level 144hz panels are. But on the flip side the low input lag and decent response time is a must. 

I currently game on a 24 inch VA panel, the image quality is fine. But i'm not really wanting to 'step down' from there.

For this price point this is what I found:

1440p, 60 hz, IPS

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/YZn2FT/benq-monitor-gw2765ht

Newegg's price is AUD $545

1080p, 1440 hz, TN, free-sync

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/Mf98TW/aoc-monitor-g2770pf

IMO, TN is not that bad, my friend owns the ROG Swift pg278q that has a TN panel, I've used it for a while and I don't think it'll be that much of a difference. But it's just me. Overall, it really depends on your needs, if you really think that you can benefit from 144 hz, then I'd say go for the AOC g2700pf, but If you want a better looking 1440p monitor with probably better colors, then I'd say go for the Ben Q gw2765.

Cheers mate. I had a look at the top screen and although it being rather nice monitor its apparently very high on input lag, which is something I was hoping to avoid.

The other option is the Acer XB270H-G. Which has Gsync in addition to being the TN. I must admit, I've never been fond of Acer screens, but this looks like very good value for the cash.