WHERE TO BUY COMPUTER PARTS??!?!?! (In Canada)

Hello! I'm going to build a PC build soon. But I need to know where to buy my computer parts. I have to buy them online because there is literally only 1 s***y "tech" store within a 100km radius (In Canada), and that's Best Buy (The only computer part they sell at that store is hard drives, no solid state drives, hard drives, no lie.) I need the store to ship to Southern Ontario but please include if they add taxes to their prices (Because I know NCIX doesn't add taxes to their prices) and also include the shipping price. Thx. 

48 minutes ago, randomperson89 said:

Hello! I'm going to build a PC build soon. But I need to know where to buy my computer parts. I have to buy them online because there is literally only 1 s***y "tech" store within a 100km radius (In Canada), and that's Best Buy (The only computer part they sell at that store is hard drives, no solid state drives, hard drives, no lie.) I need the store to ship to Southern Ontario but please include if they add taxes to their prices (Because I know NCIX doesn't add taxes to their prices) and also include the shipping price. Thx. 

Just to name a few, NCIX, Canada Computers, Memory Express, Newegg are all good options, all places add tax including NCIX unless stated that they include tax in the price. 

-Moved to General Discussion-

I'll add in Direct Canada...I actually bought a lot of components for my upcoming build from them because they seemed to have what I wanted for the best price. Most things ship for free, all prices in CAD, and no hidden fees/surprises when the packages show up at your door. Shipping can be quite slow, but unless you're in a panic to get something within a day or two I'd say it's worth the wait. I also second NCIX, Canada Computers and Newegg. Also, don't forget Amazon. Generally they suck for computer parts in Canada, but every once in a while they'll surprise you.

Also, get used to taxes being added on to orders, I've never found a store outside of Steam that doesn't add tax. Yay Canada!

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Just to name a few, NCIX, Canada Computers, Memory Express, Newegg are all good options, all places add tax including NCIX unless stated that they include tax in the price. 

-Moved to General Discussion-

I don't add the tax to NCIX because when I always click checkout at NCIX, it never puts tax. And when I checkout for Paypal, same, no tax.

3 minutes ago, randomperson89 said:

I don't add the tax to NCIX because when I always click checkout at NCIX, it never puts tax. And when I checkout for Paypal, same, no tax.

It adds it on the final bill/statement before you confirm and pay, you always have to pay sales tax, they don't include it into their prices.

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

It adds it on the final bill/statement before you confirm and pay, you always have to pay sales tax, they don't include it into their prices.

But you are usually supposed to tell the customer the total before checkout. When I just randomly put something in my cart and pressed checkout for Paypal, there was no total, only a sub-total.

10 minutes ago, randomperson89 said:

But you are usually supposed to tell the customer the total before checkout. When I just randomly put something in my cart and pressed checkout for Paypal, there was no total, only a sub-total.

It's the final step at least on their site's checkout before confirming and paying but in all cases though the listed price as with any store let it be online or a box store they always requires sales tax to be added on. The pricing on NCIX is inline with many other stores that also don't include sales tax they wouldn't include tax into the price and take a lowered profit margin to other retailers. 

Edited by W-L

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

It's the final step at least on their site's checkout before confirming and paying but in all cases though the listed price as with any store let it be online or a box store they always requires sales tax. The pricing on NCIX is inline with many other stores that also don't include sales tax they wouldn't include tax into the price and take a lowered profit margin to other retailers. 

For example, NCIX, DirectCanada, CanadaComputers and Memory Express does not include sales tax. But NewEgg does.

I assure you, every Canadian retailer doesn't include taxes in their list prices and they will include tax during checkout.  An oddity would any company that doesn't operate this way.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

I assure you, every Canadian retailer doesn't include taxes in their list prices and they will include tax during checkout.  An oddity would any company that doesn't operate this way.

NewEgg tells you the taxes at checkout. Everything else, they don't tell you taxes (Even when I press checkout for PayPal)

3 minutes ago, randomperson89 said:

NewEgg tells you the taxes at checkout. Everything else, they don't tell you taxes (Even when I press checkout for PayPal)

Let's take a look at NCIX's checkout process right now...

taxes.png

Oh look, we're only at 'Payment Method', not even to 'Order Confirmation' yet but they are clearly listing $291.76 in taxes added to the purchase.  And no, I did not just spend $2500 on a PC right now JUST to get the screen shot.  I'm only being prompted to select my payment method.  It's the same on EVERY retailer.  There are no retailers hiding the taxes from you at checkout, that would literally be illegal, you're just making it up or doing something wrong.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Let's take a look at NCIX's checkout process right now...

taxes.png

Oh look, we're only at 'Payment Method', not even to 'Order Confirmation' yet but they are clearly listing $291.76 in taxes added to the purchase.  And no, I did not just spend $2500 on a PC right now JUST to get the screen shot.  I'm only being prompted to select my payment method.  It's the same on EVERY retailer.  There are no retailers hiding the taxes from you at checkout, that would literally be illegal, you're just making it up or doing something wrong.

Ok..... I will change stuff now....

And now I'm more idiotic than ever. Just put a tin hat with retard on it.

Ugh.

If you click 'continue' it'll take you BACK to an NCIX page and then add taxes in that page where it also asks you to chose your shipping method.

Honestly, your 'proof' is nothing but 'proof that you panic after never even getting to the last stage of checkout before actually paying'.

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Ugh.

If you click 'continue' it'll take you BACK to an NCIX page and then add taxes in that page where it also asks you to chose your shipping method.

Honestly, your 'proof' is nothing but 'proof that you panic after never even getting to the last stage of checkout before actually paying'.

Oh, just put a tin hat on my head.