Audio Technica ADHPDG1 or Corsair Void Wireless

BurblingBarbacoa

I debating between these two headsets. I really enjoy the wireless functionality, as my setup is fairly large, however my main piority is soundstage and quality, as the primary purpose of these will be CS. I'm not too bothered with the mic as both seems fine from some audio tests and I will use my proper mic at home. I'll just use the inbuilt one when I go to LANs for game whilst away. 

What at do you guys think? 

Btw I'm also curious about the Logitech g35. How does it compare to the g430? 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

Both are totally different prices. I'd get AKG K612s + Zalman Clip-On mic.

Just now, Savant82 said:

Both are totally different prices. I'd get AKG K612s + Zalman Clip-On mic.

They are within $10 of each other for me at my local store being $149 and $155 respectively. I kind of want to avoid clip on mics. I know I will most likely get better value for money in the end but I do want a proper headset. Less cables, a bit less a hassle. In fact I already have some nice senniesers and a modmic. Also the wireless in tempting for my situation. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Do you mind spending extra $100?

If so, you can get Audio Technica ATH-ADG1x or AG1x. Its the best headset you can get at the moment without going full broadcasting equipments.

Not like you need regular replacements with these devices, especially with higher quality products. Unless you are a very rage'y person that smashes peripherals often.

12 minutes ago, StormEye said:

Do you mind spending extra $100?

If so, you can get Audio Technica ATH-ADG1x or AG1x. Its the best headset you can get at the moment without going full broadcasting equipments.

Not like you need regular replacements with these devices, especially with higher quality products. Unless you are a very rage'y person that smashes peripherals often.

I did look at them. And I am tempted. I'm not sure if I can spend that much right now but I will look. It is, as you said, more of an investment than many other pieces of techKeep in mind I'm in australia and dealing with the wierd prices. Thanks for the reccomendation I'll look into it a bit more. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Okay at lans you want something that blocks out the noise around you fairly okay, I would look at the K553, they have a big soundstage for closed headphones. For mic the zalman clip on mic, that thing is impressive for the price.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I used the void wireless for about 6 months, the audio quality is good, one of the best, however they are not as comfortable... I tried the steel series 350 for about a week, they are def comfortable but the audio sucks compared to the corsair void... Plus the USB cord is way too short. I will probably return these and go with something like the hyperx cloud revolver...

18 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Okay at lans you want something that blocks out the noise around you fairly okay, I would look at the K553, they have a big soundstage for closed headphones. For mic the zalman clip on mic, that thing is impressive for the price.

Ok thanks I'll look. At LANs I was hoping that the lack of wires with the void would be good but having cans and a mic would add two cables :\ 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

17 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

I used the void wireless for about 6 months, the audio quality is good, one of the best, however they are not as comfortable... I tried the steel series 350 for about a week, they are def comfortable but the audio sucks compared to the corsair void... Plus the USB cord is way too short. I will probably return these and go with something like the hyperx cloud revolver...

Ok. I'll try some on if I can. Good to hear that they sound good. What did you think about the 7.1 virtual surround? I was hoping it would be good for CS 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

I've got the ATH-PDG1's and I can say it's probably the nicest headset I've ever used. It's incredibly light, super comfortable on your head, and sounds absolutely incredible. The mic is nothing special, but it's definitely well above average. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

29 minutes ago, Steven9595 said:

I've got the ATH-PDG1's and I can say it's probably the nicest headset I've ever used. It's incredibly light, super comfortable on your head, and sounds absolutely incredible. The mic is nothing special, but it's definitely well above average. 

That's good. What is the soundstage like? 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Just now, BurblingBarbacoa said:

That's good. What is the soundstage like? 

Very large since they're an open back headphone. I feel like I'm right in the middle of the music. They have such stunning sound.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

2 minutes ago, Steven9595 said:

Very large since they're an open back headphone. I feel like I'm right in the middle of the music. They have such stunning sound.

What about for gaming? CS is pretty important for me so...

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

What about for gaming? CS is pretty important for me so...

They're awesome. I can very accurately pinpoint any footsteps and what not. They really make me feel like I'm cheating lol.

36 minutes ago, Steven9595 said:

They're awesome. I can very accurately pinpoint any footsteps and what not. They really make me feel like I'm cheating lol.

Great to hear! Are they comfy? Might be hearing them almost all the time for upwards of 10 hours at a time...

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

1 minute ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

Great to hear! Are they comfy? Might be hearing them almost all the time for upwards of 10 hours at a time...

They're very comfortable! I barely notice that they're there most of the time. Definitely easy to wear for super long sessions.

5 minutes ago, Steven9595 said:

They're very comfortable! I barely notice that they're there most of the time. Definitely easy to wear for super long sessions.

Ok thanks. If I don't go for a higher end Audio Technica unit I'm leaning towards these. One last question I promise. What's sound leak like? Also how much of the outside world is audible whilst you play? 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Ok thanks. If I don't go for a higher end Audio Technica unit I'm leaning towards these. One last question I promise. What's sound leak like? Also how much of the outside world is audible whilst you play? 

The sound leak is pretty large honestly. But I mean that's what you get for open back headphones. 

4 hours ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

Ok thanks I'll look. At LANs I was hoping that the lack of wires with the void would be good but having cans and a mic would add two cables :\ 

yes it would add a cable, BUT the sound quality is much higher. Tbh the void sounds cheap and has low audio quality.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

7 hours ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

Ok. I'll try some on if I can. Good to hear that they sound good. What did you think about the 7.1 virtual surround? I was hoping it would be good for CS 

The virtual 7.1 on the void is pretty good, I can tell the difference between the sound modes, on the steelseries not so much.

You could save some cash and grab the AD700X as it's pretty much (maybe even the same) headphone you find on the open Audio Technica headsets. With the money saved you could either buy a cheap microphone like the Sony ECMCS3 and clip it to your headphone cable and pocket the extra cash for something else or you could buy a USB desk microphone for a bit more like an Auna Mic900B or a Audio Technica AT2020USB.

feck

My vote definitely goes towards the Audio-Technica. Don't limit yourself to just gaming headsets though, you can always get any quality headphone you want and just add an Antlion Modmic to it! Most "Gamer" branded headsets are all just marketing flair, mostly they're just PoS sold at ridiculously high prices =P

CPU: Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura | RAM: G.Skillz Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Edition | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Case Fans: NZXT Aer RGB 120mm x 3 + NZXT Aer RGB 140mm | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG Edition | Lights: NZXT Hue+ | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB LUX Mouse: Zowie EC2-A | DAC/AMP: Schiit Magni Uber + Schiit Modi Uber | Headphones: Sennhesier HD598 SE + Fostex T50RP Mk3 w/ Mayflower Mods | Mic: Antlion ModMic 5.0 | OS: Windows 10

On 27 July 2016 at 2:52 PM, Dackzy said:

yes it would add a cable, BUT the sound quality is much higher. Tbh the void sounds cheap and has low audio quality.

Not too worried about the mic quality as long as it is clear enough...

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

9 hours ago, Artemiis said:

My vote definitely goes towards the Audio-Technica. Don't limit yourself to just gaming headsets though, you can always get any quality headphone you want and just add an Antlion Modmic to it! Most "Gamer" branded headsets are all just marketing flair, mostly they're just PoS sold at ridiculously high prices =P

Yeh but I don't want the extra cable. Seems like a small thing but it's important to me. And these are two headsets that seem to exceed the typical 'gaming' sound quality. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

43 minutes ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

Seems like a small thing but it's important to me.

It is actually a big thing.