EK X99 CPU Inserts/Jets

Go to solution Solved by EK Luc,
12 hours ago, ClownFace1511 said:

Hello,

When I did my desk build with a 5960X I bought a EK Supremacy EVO X99 Cpu Waterblock Nickel. I have seen people replacing the inserts and jets and I don't know much about that. My block hasn't been opened up or touched, just how i bought it. Can anyone tell me a bit more information about them and do i need to swap those out in my block? Also is there any benefit in doing this.

Thanks. @EK Luc

You have the optimal set of insert and jet plate in your EVO X99. Which is Insert2 and JetPlate3. 

Hitting 70 on full load with an OC'ed 5960X isn't bad at all. ;)

Hello,

When I did my desk build with a 5960X I bought a EK Supremacy EVO X99 Cpu Waterblock Nickel. I have seen people replacing the inserts and jets and I don't know much about that. My block hasn't been opened up or touched, just how i bought it. Can anyone tell me a bit more information about them and do i need to swap those out in my block? Also is there any benefit in doing this.

Thanks. @EK Luc

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

I believe that block has a Haswell-E specific insert, make sure you use that it considerably increases the cooling performance

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 hours ago, ClownFace1511 said:

Hello,

Thanks.

I would assume that the x99 comes with the correctly jet plate installed. But check the manual: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109800362.pdf

It states that your Block comes installed with the correct insert and plate. The only way to make sure, however, is to take the Block apart. Did you block Come with additional plates and insert? Both my blocks did but the are not the x99 specific blocks just the normal supremacy evos. 

Just now, NoobCase said:

I would assume that the x99 comes with the correctly jet plate installed. But check the manual: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109800362.pdf

It states that your Block comes installed with the correct insert and plate. The only way to make sure is to take the Block apart. Did you block Come with additional plates and insert? Both my blocks did byt the are not the x99 specificerer blocks just the normal supremacy evos. 

Nope. Just got the block itself assuming it was for X99. I found this link: https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-supremacy-evo-now-shipping-with-brand-new-jet-j3-for-lga-2011-3-cpus/ saying that the J3 will only improve temps by 0.5C to 1C if so its not a huge deal. Not 100% sure what the default setup is though.

1 hour ago, NoobCase said:

Default and best for x99 should be insert I2 and jet plate J3. Think you are all set.  I have no idea if others found using other combinations yielded better results. 

What is your current load and ide temps? 

Maxing out around 70 on custom loop. Normal usage is fine and during gaming its fine. It does need another rad but im all swet with the temps and the OC. Just wanted some more info.

12 hours ago, ClownFace1511 said:

Hello,

Thanks. @EK Luc

You have the optimal set of insert and jet plate in your EVO X99. Which is Insert2 and JetPlate3. 

Hitting 70 on full load with an OC'ed 5960X isn't bad at all. ;)