Software to change MP4's aspect ratio

Matsy

Is there anyway to change a group of MP4 file's aspect ratio without re-encoding? (not practical to change it in the video player...)

Need to change a bunch of video files to 4:3 from 16:9.

Thanks!

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

If the video was properly encoded to its correct aspect ratio but then thrown into the mp4 container and given the wrong aspect ratio, yes. If the the video was actually encoded to the wrong aspect ratio, no you would have to re encode it.

If you were using a mkv you possibly would just be able to change the dar (display aspect ratio) or the display resolution depending on which is issue it is.

Not sure if it was encoded this way, so yeh....

And its just the DAR I need to change, the res is fine.

So how would I go about changing the DAR, assuming it hasn't been encoded with this aspect ratio?

I have around 70 files to change the DAR with.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Not sure if it was encoded this way, so yeh....

And its just the DAR I need to change, the res is fine.

So how would I go about changing the DAR, assuming it hasn't been encoded with this aspect ratio?

I have around 70 files to change the DAR with.

well if you want to remake it a mp4 youll need mp4box. You may have to demux the mp4 first before being able to use it in mp4box.

if you dont mind making it a mkv get mkvtoolnix and you should be able to drag and drop the files in and fiddle with the display settings as you wish.

mp4box may not come with a gui but you can easily get it one and mkvtoolnix comes with one itll be mmg.exe

Mkvtoolnix works have to do them one by one though, but nvm....

Mkvtoolnix works have to do them one by one though, but nvm....

you will have to set the setting individually but you should be able to create a queue so that once you have them all setup you should be able to just it go.