Network leak to diagnose

Quinten Verhelst

Hi LTT Community

I have a small problem : Something on my network is using a huge amount of internet data but i have no idea how to find wich device it is,

Is there any tool i can use to monitor networ usage.

No i my router does not support showing this

Thanks in advance

Quinten Verhelst 

Manually disconnect stuff and see which one it is. Or use Resource Monitor, but nothing beats the effectiveness of manually doing things.

Blue screens eh? Did you try setting it to Wumbo?

1 minute ago, Damocles said:

Manually disconnect stuff and see which one it is. Or use Resource Monitor, but nothing beats the effectiveness of manually doing things.

Some things i can not turn off, security cameras,server,solar panel monitor etc.

There in lies the problem i checked every computer but there not doing anything on the network

2 minutes ago, Quinten Verhelst said:

Some things i can not turn off, security cameras,server,solar panel monitor etc.

There in lies the problem i checked every computer but there not doing anything on the network

You do realize solar panels don't network anything, unless they're some next gen smart panels. Security cameras do use a lot of router power as they generally stream raw content within your LAN but won't affect your WAN. If you have servers, maybe some jerk out there is DDOSing you...

1 minute ago, Damocles said:

You do realize solar panels don't network anything, unless they're some next gen smart panels. Security cameras do use a lot of router power as they generally stream raw content within your LAN but won't affect your WAN. If you have servers, maybe some jerk out there is DDOSing you...

My solar panels are being monitored by the construction company so they can see what I produce. The cameras dont plug into the router they go straight into an NVR recorder. And i took down my website because i assumed a ddos was happening, my site was offline for a month but still the same problem...

2 minutes ago, Quinten Verhelst said:

Regardless, the data used by solar panels should be in the kilobytes. 

How do you know something on your network is using a ton of data, and it isn't just your ISP fucking your speeds?

It's a mystery, but we can rule out solar panels and cameras. Maybe you're having the something saved over to a mapped network drive is another possibility. Lastly, maybe someone has your wifi password, who knows?

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

Regardless, the data used by solar panels should be in the kilobytes. 

How do you know something on your network is using a ton of data, and it isn't just your ISP fucking your speeds?

We can see our data usage, normally we are at 100 GB and we jumped to 1.6 TB Last month. You can imagine my isp does not realy like that be as we are business client they need to keep up the speed

1 hour ago, Quinten Verhelst said:

We can see our data usage, normally we are at 100 GB and we jumped to 1.6 TB Last month. You can imagine my isp does not realy like that be as we are business client they need to keep up the speed

Id change your WiFi password. As some one might have gotten a hold of it.  Also scan for virus's. Maybe you have a Virus or something thats using the data. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Id change your WiFi password. As some one might have gotten a hold of it.  Also scan for virus's. Maybe you have a Virus or something thats using the data. 

I changed the pw