Help to fix a probly bricked computer?

Goofygod

I recently tried removing a virus with hitman pro but the licences expired. So i figured id do it myself with regedit. the problem with that is now i cant select anything and all of my icons are white even in the start menu i cant search anything and i cant use browsers. Even the controll pannel does not work i can not select system restore ethier i have tried safe mode to no avail. If i downloaded a program on another computer and dragged it on to this one to restore it for me would it work? any tips appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Goofygod said:

I recently tried removing a virus with hitman pro but the licences expired. So i figured id do it myself with regedit. the problem with that is now i cant select anything and all of my icons are white even in the start menu i cant search anything and i cant use browsers. Even the controll pannel does not work i can not select system restore ethier i have tried safe mode to no avail. If i downloaded a program on another computer and dragged it on to this one to restore it for me would it work? any tips appreciated. 

reinstall OS

• CPU: AMD athlon  860k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2
  • RAM:2x4gb HyperX Fury
  • GPU: XFX R9 380 4gb
  • Case: NXZT S340
  • PSU: EVGA 650G
  • Display: BenQ GL2460HM
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Keyboard: Corsair k60 
  • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 (white
  • Sound Logitech g430
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

•  

18 minutes ago, KearneyMC said:

reinstall OS

how do i do that though? i do not have the install CD that is at my school as it is a school laptop.

1 minute ago, Goofygod said:

how do i do that though? i do not have the install CD that is at my school as it is a school laptop.

It probably was not in your best interest to try and fix a school computer on your own. You need to turn it in and explain the problem.

CPU- i5 4670K CPU Cooler- Corsair H90 MB- MSI Z87 GD-45 RAM- 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws Case- NZXT Phantom 530

PSU- Corsair CX750M Cooler- Corsair H90 Boot Drive- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Storage-WD 1TB Blue Storage- Seagate 2TB

3 minutes ago, austin2118ace said:

It probably was not in your best interest to try and fix a school computer on your own. You need to turn it in and explain the problem.

ive fixed problems like this before though countless times just messed this one up i can wait till then but was hoping if there was a way to manually reset it 

7 minutes ago, Goofygod said:

Install a windows ISO on a USB from another computer, make it bootable and boot from it on the dead one.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Install a windows ISO on a USB from another computer, make it bootable and boot from it on the dead one.

Problem is the school would probably notice the laptop isn't configured how it was issued. Could likely cause OP some issues.

CPU- i5 4670K CPU Cooler- Corsair H90 MB- MSI Z87 GD-45 RAM- 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws Case- NZXT Phantom 530

PSU- Corsair CX750M Cooler- Corsair H90 Boot Drive- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Storage-WD 1TB Blue Storage- Seagate 2TB

3 minutes ago, austin2118ace said:

Problem is the school would probably notice the laptop isn't configured how it was issued. Could likely cause OP some issues.

as long as the administrater is still in tact its fine they let us use the computers for personal use as well even have steam and some movies on mine but as long as administrater is still on its okay. However i would like to keep all of my data is that possible if i do the iso?

1 minute ago, Goofygod said:

as long as the administrater is still in tact its fine they let us use the computers for personal use as well even have steam and some movies on mine but as long as administrater is still on its okay

reinstalling the os WILL wipe everything . so if they have a admin account on the laptop that would go away . if you need to sign into the laptop to use it that also would go away . im guessing the school has a domain/login system in place , you have two choices tell them/play stupid say it wouldnt work one day  or fix it your self by refreshing the os or doing a clean install . does your account have admin access?  if its running windows 10 you can refresh it to a degree  but if its 7 or 8 wiping it is quicker fix .

if on win10 if refresh doesn't work then you would need to wipe the os and install a new one . if you  tell them its acting funny and pray IT is too lazy to look into it and they give you a different one , if they catch you its better to say it had a virus or rootkit that did it .

from what you wrote you deleted/edited something thats needed for windows to run

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

9 minutes ago, Goofygod said:

as long as the administrater is still in tact its fine they let us use the computers for personal use as well even have steam and some movies on mine but as long as administrater is still on its okay. However i would like to keep all of my data is that possible if i do the iso?

ill leave it alone and just tell them i have a virus on it or something thanks for the help though!

3 minutes ago, gamerking said:

reinstalling the os WILL wipe everything . so if they have a admin account on the laptop that would go away . if you need to sign into the laptop to use it that also would go away . im guessing the school has a domain/login system in place , you have two choices tell them/play stupid say it wouldnt work one day  or fix it your self by refreshing the os or doing a clean install . does your account have admin access?  if its running windows 10 you can refresh it to a degree  but if its 7 or 8 wiping it is quicker fix .

if on win10 if refresh doesn't work then you would need to wipe the os and install a new one . if you  tell them its acting funny and pray IT is too lazy to look into it and they give you a different one , if they catch you its better to say it had a virus or rootkit that did it .

from what you wrote you deleted/edited something thats needed for windows to run

thanks for the reply! ill leave it be and tell them i have a virus or something