i think i just killed my controller

Niko_2142

So... i was just swapping my gpu, and accidentally i poked a place with the end of the gpu io, my pc turned on, which scared me, after that i unplugged everything, installed the gpu, and everything worked fine, except for ethernet. i no longer have ethernet, i tried swaping cables, drivers, (which i installed last week...) but nothing, im running of a wireless card... its a killer e2200

2 hours ago, Niko_2142 said:

So... i was just swapping my gpu, and accidentally i poked a place with the end of the gpu io, my pc turned on, which scared me, after that i unplugged everything, installed the gpu, and everything worked fine, except for ethernet. i no longer have ethernet, i tried swaping cables, drivers, (which i installed last week...) but nothing, im running of a wireless card... its a killer e2200

Sorry to say, but this is why you have to completely remove power from a system (unplug power cord or flip switch on the PSU - which is less safe than unplugging) rather than just shutting down the OS. You have almost certainly shorted out your motherboard. You should consider yourself lucky that only your ethernet died.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

56 minutes ago, brwainer said:

Sorry to say, but this is why you have to completely remove power from a system (unplug power cord or flip switch on the PSU - which is less safe than unplugging) rather than just shutting down the OS. You have almost certainly shorted out your motherboard. You should consider yourself lucky that only your ethernet died.

We probably shouldnt come to the conclusion just yet.

Have you tried resetting your bios? What about just looking at the board for any burn marks? Could you possibly give us a picture of where the short took place?

My native language is C++

On 23/7/2016 at 1:45 AM, tt2468 said:

We probably shouldnt come to the conclusion just yet.

Have you tried resetting your bios? What about just looking at the board for any burn marks? Could you possibly give us a picture of where the short took place?

im late af, but weird stuff happened, i tried, EVERYTHING with this motherboard, cpu, ram, os, gpu, psu, even the router, never got it to work, now im waiting for a replacement on monday, im never doing stuff again withouth unplugging my psu ;_;