Cloudflare DNS problems.

Joveice

Hi, I have some problems with cloudflare.

I'm trying to make test.mydomain.com go to myip:myport

but each time I make the SRV it just sends it to my webserver at the same server but it uses www.mydomain.com on port 80. what is the problem?

I have the same settings for Teamspeak and it works with ts3.mydomain.com and it goes to myip:9877

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"

Could this be becouse both services are web based?

Browsers don't understand or use SRV records. When you type in test.mydomain.com, your browser breaks that into two parts, the address and the port. Since you haven't typed in a port, your browser assumes 80. Then it goes about the process of getting the IP. 

Using SRV records for ports only works with protocols that expect to use them that way.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

7 hours ago, brwainer said:

Browsers don't understand or use SRV records. When you type in test.mydomain.com, your browser breaks that into two parts, the address and the port. Since you haven't typed in a port, your browser assumes 80. Then it goes about the process of getting the IP. 

Using SRV records for ports only works with protocols that expect to use them that way.

How can I fix this then? or make a workaround?

I'v made a .conf file that rerutes all ingoing connections on port 80 with this domain test2.mydomain.com to go to someother thing. I just don't want my IP to be the end point, it's hard to remember and I would like to just have a link.

Also, my root domain > mydomain.com points to my IP, but doing mydomain.com:port doesent let it connect but using just mydomain.com sends it to the webpage

Cloudflare acts as a proxy, and their proxy only accepts requests on port 80. You'll have to ask them if/how you can configure their service to direct traffic from their port 80 to whatever port you are using.

EDIT: and a google search brings up this document: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169156-Which-ports-will-CloudFlare-work-with-

right now my test2.mydomain.com points to my ip on port 80, but the test2.conf redirects it to mydomain.com:5002 but that doesent help since mydomain.com:5002 doesent resolve. And for now I have to have it redirect it to ip:port which I don't like.

Just now, Joveice said:

right now my test2.mydomain.com points to my ip on port 80, but the test2.conf redirects it to mydomain.com:5002 but that doesent help since mydomain.com:5002 doesent resolve. And for now I have to have it redirect it to ip:port which I don't like.

I'm assuming mydomain.com is your cloudflare protected domain. In that case you completely missed what I said. Everything "mydomain.com" goes to Cloudflare, and Cloudflare only listens to specific ports.

5 minutes ago, brwainer said:

I'm assuming mydomain.com is your cloudflare protected domain. In that case you completely missed what I said. Everything "mydomain.com" goes to Cloudflare, and Cloudflare only listens to specific ports.

Ah I now I understand, sorry. Well if I remove the protection on a subdomain, should that work?

Just now, Joveice said:

Ah I now I understand, sorry. Well if I remove the protection on a subdomain, should that work?

It would, but why wouldn't you just change your ports to one from the page I linked above? They had a good number of supported ports, surely one of those is what you can use. And if you can't change it on the server, just change the port on the router's port forwarding setting. You can make the inside and outside ports of a port forwarding be different.

5 minutes ago, brwainer said:

It would, but why wouldn't you just change your ports to one from the page I linked above? They had a good number of supported ports, surely one of those is what you can use. And if you can't change it on the server, just change the port on the router's port forwarding setting. You can make the inside and outside ports of a port forwarding be different.

Since if I change to port etc 2082 and then try connect to it using SRV to point it at 2082, it gets redirected to my main page anyways.

10 hours ago, Joveice said:

Since if I change to port etc 2082 and then try connect to it using SRV to point it at 2082, it gets redirected to my main page anyways.

SRV has nothing to do with this. Mydomain.com:2082 will get sent to port 2082 on your actual address, if I understand cloudflare correctly