New PC Build Need A OS

LimeYo__

Im new to pc stuff so dont really have a clue what im doing. can someone please help me out. I need to put a OS onto my new pc what is the best OS and where to get it from? amd how do it put it onto my pc?

Cheers

Lime 

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit.  Every time.

GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 1070,  CPU: i5-6600k OC to 4.0 GHz,  PSU: Rosewill Capstone G750 750W,  Mobo: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming,  Case: NZXT H440 White,  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8),  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Mouse: Razer Ouroboros,  Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma, Mousepad: Razer Overwatch KB+M pad, Headset: Corsair Void RGB,  Monitor: 1x ASUS PB277Q 27" 1440p & 1x HP Pavilion 25cw 25-inch 1080p

3 minutes ago, LimeYo__ said:

Im new to pc stuff so dont really have a clue what im doing. can someone please help me out. I need to put a OS onto my new pc what is the best OS and where to get it from? amd how do it put it onto my pc?

Cheers

Lime 

This would be similar to asking a group of car guys what the best car is to drive; you're gonna get a whole host of answers, all of which are probably right in their own way. You first got to ask yourself what do you want to do with your computer and how much do you wish to spend?

The right way is to buy an install cd or usb from MS.

You can also buy the key only and make the install disk or usb using the media tool from MS. There are other ways but those arent allowed on this forum. 

Linux is normally free, you can download ubuntu isos from its official site, use lili or rufus or yumi to burn it to a usb and boot up and install linux. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

would buying windows 7 then upgrading to 10 work?

22 minutes ago, LimeYo__ said:

Yes. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 22/07/2016 at 10:41 PM, LimeYo__ said:

You have to do it before July 29th. If you are going to get 7 and then upgrade to 10, why not cut out windows 7 instillation times and go for windows 10 pro now. This is the one I used, the price has gone up but it is still the same thing.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?