Why only 12.8 GB's of RAM usable?

I have 16 GB's of RAM. Only 12.8 GB's are usable. My CPU doesn't have integrated graphics. I really would like all 16 GB's usable. At some points I use 11 GB's of RAM, and that is not when video editing.

Capture.PNG

Bottom right ho that screen it says hardware reserved 3.2 but not sure what for?

I have 4gb of ram and only have 3.7 usable mine is because of windows.

Just now, kindlestone said:

Bottom right ho that screen it says hardware reserved 3.2 but not sure what for?

I have 4gb of ram and only have 3.7 usable mine is because of windows.

Oh, this is a new PC, and I didn't reserve it for anything.

It's either a poorly working stick or OS corruption. Try swapping the sticks around and if that won't help, free up about 30GB of space and install a secondary Windows. If that OS has all your RAM, and your old still doesn't, you're gonna have to reinstall. You can always just up and re-install straight away. These hoops are only to retain your data and checking if re-installing even helps.

Just now, Matias_Chambers said:

Oh, this is a new PC, and I didn't reserve it for anything.

Windows does it automatically to keep it running smoothly.

easiest fix by far is a Windows reinstallation.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

couple ideas worth checking here https://superuser.com/questions/56157/why-is-all-my-extra-ram-marked-as-hardware-reserved-in-windows-7   even if you're on win8/10 the same steps work, tested myself. I'd wager it's most likely just a setting you accidentally changed, probably without realizing it, because windows can be like that

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W