6mm FITTINGS PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi,

I am looking to create my own custom aio style cpu cooler.

I have come across this on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172032549683?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But it has 6mm fittings put on there. Do you think that :

1. You could remove them and put your own fittings on

or

2: Convert them to a more standard size like g1/4"

Thanks for any replies :)

I would not put a $30 block anywhere near my CPU which costs x10 as much!!! Are you crazy?? Or do you like playing Russian Roulette with your system? If it's cheap and expendable then go nuts, but if you actually value your components, they deserve better!

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Just now, atomicus said:

I would not put a $30 block anywhere near my CPU which costs x10 as much!!! Are you crazy?? Or do you like playing Russian Roulette with your system? If it's cheap and expendable then go nuts, but if you actually value your components, they deserve better!

I am going to leak test it first of course.

4 minutes ago, opentree27 said:

I am going to leak test it first of course.

I still wouldn't... it's not just leak testing, it's long term reliability. I would NEVER trust a component like that. Never-mind the fact it looks awful and cheap (that's just IMO of course), you are asking for trouble not going with reliable, tried and tested components when it comes to anything water related. You could literally destroy your whole system. You are free to do as you please of course, but don't say you weren't warned...

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Just now, atomicus said:

I still wouldn't... it's not just leak testing, it's long term reliability. I would NEVER trust a component like that. Never-mind the fact it looks awful and cheap (that's just IMO of course), you are asking for trouble not going with reliable, tried and tested components when it comes to anything water related. You are free to do as you please of course, but don't say you weren't warned...

This is the cpu block from an aio that id cooling actually make. I have looked at the reviews and some siad it out performed the ek predator so it doesn't seem too dodgey.

Anyway is there any help you could give me on the original question?

I don't know how you'd change those existing fittings unless you were VERY experienced with this kind of thing... which you're obviously not as you wouldn't be asking how otherwise, so I don't think that is a good idea at all. You can certainly get 6mm ID fittings from a variety of manufacturers though, so that would be your best bet. The more you go messing around with this thing the more chance you have of it going wrong. It's obviously designed to work with those fittings and if it already performs well as you say, just stick with those.