Why are Macs preferred over PCs?

ClobberXD

I have both 

r9 390 + i5 4670k for my Gaming PC at home

and an old Macbook Pro 2010 for Uni work. Purchased 2nd hand for £230 threw in an SSD and works very very well, just use it for Spotify, general chrome browsing, linking up my MAC to a TV in uni for presentations is nearly invaluable and being able to have a laptop anywhere is amazing! + It's fairly light and I LOVE the way it looks, added a few stickers for personalisation and well worth the money! 

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.0GHz // Motherboard: MSI Gaming 3 Motherboard // RAM: 8GB Kingstone 1833MHz  // GPU: Saphire R9 390 Nitro // HDD: 500GB Toshiba // SSD: 120GB Sandisk // PSU: 550w 

Games: F1 2016, GTA 5, TrackMania Stadium, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, COD Black ops 1. 

Huge fan of Formula 1. 

Twitter: RAFAndrew

Some people just like them, usually those who 1.dont know anybetter and 2. dont even want to know anybetter. I personally would never buy apple product, but someone who isnt into tech n stuff might see it as good deal for its simplicity. I just cant understand buying every new phone they release, that is just insane, but same happens to samsung phone users.

EDIT. not everyone buys new phone when they come obvs, but some do

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

11 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

Same reason why people buy a Lexus instead of a top of the range Toyota.

The name.

Not really, "quality" is certainly a factor in car buying, i work in the industry, even if your removed the badges off a car, I could tell the difference between a ford, and a BMW

Material quality is the main differnece, general fit ,finish and feel etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

becuase some people enjoy using it? well i do enjoy using a mac, i would't just buy one and pay the premium just for the design of the os

i mean i would hackentosh it.

but after that, i saw the preformance overhead on csgo and minecraft and im just like: nooooooope.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

13 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Not really, "quality" is certainly a factor in car buying, i work in the industry, even if your removed the badges off a car, I could tell the difference between a ford, and a BMW

Material quality is the main differnece, general fit ,finish and feel etc

Oi! I work for Ford! BMWs aren't what they use to be :P

To be fair, it depends on what your buying new Mustangs and Mondeos vs Ecosport and B-Max and i don't think much of the BMW engines either.

I used Lexus and Toyota as an example because they are basicly the same vehicle underneath (The same way Ford and Jag where)

56 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

Oi! I work for Ford! BMWs aren't what they use to be :P

To be fair, it depends on what your buying new Mustangs and Mondeos vs Ecosport and B-Max and i don't think much of the BMW engines either.

I used Lexus and Toyota as an example because they are basicly the same vehicle underneath (The same way Ford and Jag where)

Ford are great cars, but I wouldn't buy one, I just dont like them,

The thing with jag and ford, ok they shared a common platform, but the "experience" was decidedly differnet, performance, interior trim, sound looks etc, one was a mondeo one was a jag, 

I mean, a Nikon D810 and Sony A7R share the same sensor? does that mean they are the same camera? one a professional DSLR, one a compact mirrorless camera?

Its not just because of a badge, or the brand, you get a better experience with premium products, you pay for that experience but its there

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This thread will only start (yet another) endless mud-slinging match of argumentative trolling and flaming. Thus, this thread is locked. There are plenty of threads like this on the forum already if you want to read the answers.