Review wish: fast sync vs G-sync vs adaptive sync inputlag++

MatsNorway

So Nvidia dropped with the new cards a new feature to reduce tearing and input lag. Now im sure many would like a comparison to g-sync and adaptive sync on both tearing and input lag across the fps range.

LMG please do that one again for us but with fast sync included.

Nvidia now has fast sync in addition to Gsync? what is this "fast sync" and why have I not heard of it before?

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Nvidia now has fast sync in addition to Gsync? what is this "fast sync" and why have I not heard of it before?

fast sync is a software solution that fixes most of the input lag you get with v-sync when you have atleast twice your refresh rate in FPS

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

fast sync is a software solution that fixes most of the input lag you get with v-sync when you have atleast twice your refresh rate in FPS

Any chance I could get that on my 980ti? or is that pascal only?

Just now, Zyndo said:

Any chance I could get that on my 980ti? or is that pascal only?

you can enable it right now with the latest drivers, though its not perfect atm: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4l86nm/fast_sync_is_available_right_now/

Does LMG ever reply to these kinds of threads? Am i/this thread at the right place for requests like this?

Fast sync is just triple buffering, that is all it is. Once you understand the difference between double buffering and triple buffering you understand fast sync and how it relates to the normal vsync modes. Gsync incidentally can be used with fast sync and it can stop latency from occurring at the top of the gsync refresh rate in certain games so they can run at 300 fps without concern but you still don't get tears.