Enabling pump control Gigabyte BIOS

Hi, I've recently been having issues with my AIO waterpump, and am on the verge of switching to a hyper 212 evo, however before I make the purchase i want to make sure the pump control is not disabled in my Gigabyte BIOS. When trying to fix my issue i had restored optimized defaults but by no means a BIOS expert and have no idea where to find such a setting. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7

CPU Cooler: Zalman Reserator max 3 dual

17 minutes ago, JamboSquidge said:

Hi, I've recently been having issues with my AIO waterpump, and am on the verge of switching to a hyper 212 evo, however before I make the purchase i want to make sure the pump control is not disabled in my Gigabyte BIOS. When trying to fix my issue i had restored optimized defaults but by no means a BIOS expert and have no idea where to find such a setting. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7

CPU Cooler: Zalman Reserator max 3 dual

Taking a recommendation, I see (lol)? I am looking at your manual right now to help.

EDIT: Here is the link to the manual, in case anyone ever comes here and wants to look through also.

Alright, Did a bit of searching, and the water cooling support header is "CPU_OPT" so make sure you're pump is plugged in there. Once you have plugged in the pump the board should automatically switch modes, if not, then as we discussed last night, it is most likely a faulty pump.

Just now, waynedud3 said:

Alrightl, Did a bit of searching, and the watercooling support header is "CPU_OPT" so make sure you're pump is plugged in there.

Yep, been through this. Made sure its plugged in :D

2 minutes ago, JamboSquidge said:

Yep, been through this. Made sure its plugged in :D

Alright. Since they auto detect it should work, so it most likely is a faulty pump. I would go to a tech store and ask to borrow a heat sink just to be sure that it inst something else such as a bad CPU temperature reader, before investing in a new cooler. One more thing you should probably try is to remove any overclock on the CPU as they could be causing issues.

Just now, waynedud3 said:

Alright. Since they auto detect it should work, so it most likely is a faulty pump. I would go to a tech store and ask to borrow a heat sink just to be sure that it inst something else such as a bad CPU temperature reader, before investing in a new cooler. One more thing you should probably try is to remove any overclock on the CPU as they could be causing issues.

I'm pretty certain it's not the temp reader, but if so i have a second PC that i can put the new colder in anyway. Thanks for the help.

1 minute ago, JamboSquidge said:

I'm pretty certain it's not the temp reader, but if so i have a second PC that i can put the new colder in anyway. Thanks for the help.

Alright, sounds good. Report back!

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to update this, bought a Hyper212X (same price as the evo, actually bought the x without realising) and everything seems to be running great, thanks again for the help. 

Some temps without load

61c401a2f3644a31b63060e099651a5d.jpeg