Do I need a mouse mat for foam PVC desk

LiamardoHD
Go to solution Solved by swordsman247,
10 minutes ago, LiamardoHD said:

Damn, I just checked the bottom of my mouse and some of the rubber feet has been warn away, yep, I'm gonna definitely invest in one.

Yeah it will help with wear, I like the cloth ones with stitching myself, easier to clean and they don't fray on the edges.

EDIT: make sure you get one that's big enough for your movements I normally go for a 12" by 18" at least. it's bigger than I really need but I turn it sideways and use it as an armrest as well,

if you can move the mouse on it and it registers then its fine, idk why you asked you just see if it works or not.

1 minute ago, magnumkobra said:

if you can move the mouse on it and it registers then its fine, idk why you asked you just see if it works or not.

To see if I could be for whatever reason get something better out of getting a mouse mat.

4 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

I would get one so the foam won't get gunked up.

But would you say, other than that - the surface is fine?

Just now, LiamardoHD said:

But would you say, other than that - the surface is fine?

Yeah probably, it varies a bit but most mice do fine on foam type surfaces. It will depend mostly on you and how you use a mouse. I need a pad because I tend to press down on the back more than the front and the pad helps me from grinding the plastic off of my mice.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

3 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

Yeah probably, it varies a bit but most mice do fine on foam type surfaces. It will depend mostly on you and how you use a mouse. I need a pad because I tend to press down on the back more than the front and the pad helps me from grinding the plastic off of my mice.

Damn, I just checked the bottom of my mouse and some of the rubber feet has been warn away, yep, I'm gonna definitely invest in one. Thanks. :)

10 minutes ago, LiamardoHD said:

Damn, I just checked the bottom of my mouse and some of the rubber feet has been warn away, yep, I'm gonna definitely invest in one.

Yeah it will help with wear, I like the cloth ones with stitching myself, easier to clean and they don't fray on the edges.

EDIT: make sure you get one that's big enough for your movements I normally go for a 12" by 18" at least. it's bigger than I really need but I turn it sideways and use it as an armrest as well,

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.