need help by repair of 2 laptops

So I have a brother who managed to break his laptop somehow, and now it is now on a different laptop, but also the other laptop has its problems) and I am trying to fix it for him.

The first laptop he has is totally broken and doesn't even power on. I tried to power it on once and it switched on but then the battery went low and it switched off again. The problem is that every time it starts it "runs out of power" and switches off. I tried getting a new power cord but that didn't help. I will try to replace the fuse, but it would require opening the whole laptop and wouldn't guarantee any success, Is there anything else I can do?

The other laptop has "random" shutdowns which happen each time he plays a "graphically intensive" game like hearthstone or payday 2, the laptop has a  1024MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 and an i2 duo (very old, I know). However every computer sometimes has them because I think the power is bad or something (even my shuts down even tho i have a 600v PSU and my PC only takes 500), is there anything else I could do? (except disabling the GPU)

The first one could be a few things, The power/charging circuit in the laptop, the charge port, or the battery may be dying.

The second one sounds like it's overheating, my brother had something similar(a vista era acer something) and had to keep a really good cooling pad with LARGE fans on it to play games for any length of time.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

9 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

The first one could be a few things, The power/charging circuit in the laptop, the charge port, or the battery may be dying.

The second one sounds like it's overheating, my brother had something similar(a vista era acer something) and had to keep a really good cooling pad with LARGE fans on it to play games for any length of time.

Aaaand you beat me to it.

Just now, waynedud3 said:

Aaaand you beat me to it.

LOL, my bad, you can have the next one.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

1 minute ago, swordsman247 said:

LOL, my bad, you can have the next one.

Ahh that's fine, didn't see this one until it was later down the list.