How to increase the dedicated graphics memory on a Intel HD Graphics 4600

Hello ! , I've been using Intel HD Graphics 4600 for quite a while now. It suddenly seems to have only 640 MB of dedicated graphics memory while the total memory is 1952 MB. I noticed this while playing GTA V while i wanted to change the screen res to 1920x1080. I tried changing it in the bios but failed to do so. Can anyone suggest me ways to fix this ? 

CPU: Intel i5 4670 @ 3.4GHz 

Mobo: GIGABYTE H97-D3H 

RAM: 8GB @ 1600MHz 

Screenshot (114).png

It's in the BIOS. 

It'll have amounts to choose from or auto/dynamic where it allocates what it needs when it needs it. 

You said it didn't work.... elaborate on that some more. 

There should be a setting somewhere in the BIOS. Try consulting your motherboards user manual.

EDIT: I think TheBestUserName has confirmed what I said.

Just now, TheBestUserName said:

It's in the BIOS. 

It'll have amounts to choose from or auto/dynamic where it allocates what it needs when it needs it. 

You said it didn't work.... elaborate on that some more. 

Just now, waynedud3 said:

There should be a setting somewhere in the BIOS. Try consulting your motherboards user manual.

I did consult the User manual, but it only has Intel graphics memory , and the maximum value is 512M

Just now, FireFox_13 said:

I did consult the User manual, but it only has Intel graphics memory , and the maximum value is 512M

If the Maximum value is 512M, then it looks like the Maximum value is 512M. There really isn't much you could do but upgrade your GPU, (Hey, that rhymes!)

its a limitation of the BIOS in general

once my H97 board from MSI has 1GB VRAM but was wonky so they removed it in the next BIOS update

but the BIOS is still wonky

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I looked at your screenshot again.  I think it's trying to tell you that it's using 640 of the 1952.   Add up the two... They equal 1952. 

6 minutes ago, FireFox_13 said:

Hello ! , I've been using Intel HD Graphics 4600 for quite a while now. It suddenly seems to have only 640 MB of dedicated graphics memory while the total memory is 1952 MB. I noticed this while playing GTA V while i wanted to change the screen res to 1920x1080. I tried changing it in the bios but failed to do so. Can anyone suggest me ways to fix this ? 

CPU: Intel i5 4670 @ 3.4GHz 

Mobo: GIGABYTE H97-D3H 

RAM: 8GB @ 1600MHz 

Screenshot (114).png

You do this in the BIOS. Of course the exact method is different for different MOBOs but look for something under the lines of "VRAM" or "Video Memory"

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

6 minutes ago, FireFox_13 said:

The maximum value is 512 MB, the minimum is like 32 MB (iirc??). IMO you can leave it at auto and it will scale memory usage up and down based on what it needs.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Here it is.  Memory allocation. 

That's a screenshot of the user manual. 

Page 52 and 53. 

image.png