Do you a Vive/Oculus Version 2 Will be coming out anytime in the next two years?

I'm quite interested in VR. But right now were kinda on the bleeding edge of stuff finally coming out properly for consumers... Do you think that there will be a Vive or Oculus Version 2.0 coming out anytime in the next two years or will the current models stick around for a while with software updates and tweaks with the occasional hardware ad-don being the focus?

(Tooootally not related to me getting a VR capable pc towards the end of this year but not having the money yet to buy into VR :P)

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

IIRC they just finally sorted out stock/shipping issues with the current ones rather recently.  I would say there's about a 0.1% chance of a new one coming out within 1 year.  Within 2?  Not sure...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Within 2 years? Possible, even quite likely, but there's really no way to know.

There has been a rumor of an early refresh of the HTC Vive. That would likely only be a small update, probably to bring improved build quality and comfort, areas where the Oculus Rift is currently ahead.

I would be surprised if we don't have an updated version within two years. 

It might be awhile before prices come down.

Sometime next year, I might get a Rift. I don't really have space for the Vive, and the Rift is a little cheaper. I'm not too concerned about the hand sticks. But I might go with the 4GB 480, but 4GB might not be enough vram for VR. So idk.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization