Water cooler

32 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

what corsair one is similar in price? the H60?

because i would choose a H60 over this one for looks alone :P

But would it perform better?

I don't care that much about looks

Just now, fabsiguy said:

But would it perform better?

I don't care that much about looks

Yes that corsair cooler

If you can get a cooler master, I've had excellent luck. Had a Seidon 120xl and 120m. Both worked flawlessly until I retired that rig.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

It doesn't exactly make sense to pair an fx cpu with water cooling.  An i5 on air would be preferable. 

Smoke Weed Every Day!

1 minute ago, Duduix said:

It doesn't exactly make sense to pair an fx cpu with water cooling.  An i5 on air would be preferable. 

especially 120mm water cooler

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

7 minutes ago, Duduix said:

What does an i5 on air mean, I have an AMD processor. Are you saying I should use an air cooler?

49 minutes ago, fabsiguy said:

Yes that corsair cooler

Performance should be near identical, as both coolers use the same area for heat dissipation, if the pumps have the same flowrate that is. I personally have had good experience with corsair coolers in the past, so i would still recommend that one.

1 hour ago, fabsiguy said:

What does an i5 on air mean, I have an AMD processor. Are you saying I should use an air cooler?

I suspect they meant that it would be better price-to-performance-wise to buy an Intel i5 processor and use air cooling versus paying for a cheaper AMD processor and spending more on water cooling. However, it appears you've already got the AMD CPU, so that suggestion would be pointless. The NZXT Kraken X61 is a dual 140mm (280mm), so that's probably out of the question. I'd say reading reviews on newegg/amazon comparing the various 120mm water-cooling options would be one way to gauge the long-term quality/reliability of what's out there. Presumably there are a handful of sites that have reviewed said coolers as well, and those could be used to gauge relative performance. Honestly, unless you're really trying to push the limits of your CPU, you may be better off with a good air cooler a la Noctua NH-D15, as the performance will likely be as good if not superior to a 120mm aio. 

120mm AIO is not enough and you're better off just sticking to air with something like Noctua D15 or Dark Rock Pro 3, if you have space for them in your case as they will perform same or better as majority of 240mm AIOs but quieter

1 hour ago, Voice_Of_Reason_116 said:

I suspect they meant that it would be better price-to-performance-wise to buy an Intel i5 processor and use air cooling versus paying for a cheaper AMD processor and spending more on water cooling. However, it appears you've already got the AMD CPU, so that suggestion would be pointless. The NZXT Kraken X61 is a dual 140mm (280mm), so that's probably out of the question. I'd say reading reviews on newegg/amazon comparing the various 120mm water-cooling options would be one way to gauge the long-term quality/reliability of what's out there. Presumably there are a handful of sites that have reviewed said coolers as well, and those could be used to gauge relative performance. Honestly, unless you're really trying to push the limits of your CPU, you may be better off with a good air cooler a la Noctua NH-D15, as the performance will likely be as good if not superior to a 120mm aio. 

Would this be a good option https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NXLYE4G/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1468975919&sr=8-10&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=cpu+cooler

i'm using a hyper 212 evo aircooler with my fx6300 @4.7gh 1.4v

Temps are manageable with most games. But it does get hot with sand box games like Space Engineers  

On July 19, 2016 at 6:01 PM, fabsiguy said:

It seems well-reviewed on Amazon. I'm rocking a Thermalright True Spirit 140 on an old overclocked hex-core Xeon and couldn't be happier. In reviews it's cooling performance seems to be within a degree or two of the much pricier Noctua NH-D15. The 212 EVO mentioned above is incredibly popular, and cheaper. I'd say if you're going for the $30 price point go for the 212 EVO, and if you're willing to spend a bit more get the TS140 for $55. Just make sure you've got a wide enough case to accommodate the heatsink regardless of the cooler you choose. Generally speaking, a bigger fan/larger heat sink provide greater overclocking potential, and less noise when not under max load. There's a slew of sites that compare air coolers, but ultimately it's up to you to establish your budget and then align it with your noise/thermal expectations. Hope this helps!