Motherboard Armour!

Hello!

Was wondering if it is possible to buy Motherboard armour, and use it on the ASUS

P8Z77-V LX

Like from them Sabertooth series, or Gryphon armour or what ever it is called? Or are those only for those kind of motherboards? Just to cover out the older looking stuff on my current board. :S

Click profile to see the 'Spec'.

Just now, DEcobra11 said:

3D print one

If it was that easy, eh?.. :S

Just now, Willtech36 said:

If it was that easy, eh?.. :S

Can't. The PCB differences will make it impossible to fit one unless you like to drill into things.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Can't. The PCB differences will make it impossible to fit one unless you like to drill into things.

Myeah, I guess.. Well, damn.. Or else I just try make something that I can just screw onto the screw sockets and what not, to cover the awful brown looking base.:S

I want to do something similar with acrylic. The only thing I need is a lasercutter or a CNC though. That would look so nice! I already have a Z97 gryphon, but I'd prefer the sleek appearance of acrylic. Maybe I'll come back to this thread when I have a first plan^^ But I don't think you can buy that separately, especially because of the layout of the motherboard components.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Just now, SQZY98 said:

I want to do something similar with acrylic. The only thing I need is a lasercutter or a CNC though. That would look so nice! I already have a Z97 gryphon, but I'd prefer the sleek appearance of acrylic. Maybe I'll come back to this thread when I have a first plan^^ But I don't think you can buy that seperately, especially because of the layout of the motherboard components.

Yeah, myself was thinking of something of the

Z77 Thermal Armor

If I could find any such to buy and just attatch to my current board :S

Had one of those boards. Not worth spending money to try and hackjob "Thermal Armour" on it. 

Better off trying to flog that board on eBay for more than what it's worth xD

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

42 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Had one of those boards. Not worth spending money to try and hackjob "Thermal Armour" on it. 

Better off trying to flog that board on eBay for more than what it's worth xD

Will keep my Motherboard until it dies, been 5 years already.. 5 more wouldn't hurt, eh? :)