BOTTLENECK

28 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

A lot more than 10fps. You'd be enjoying massive stutter due to the crappy nature of the Pentium. Dual-cores are dead. Using a dual-core for any serious gaming is a pain in the ass. That is, if your PSU doesn't kill the whole system due to overheating (VS are shit)

Dual cores were pretty much dead from 2010 onwards in anything except HTPC/office PC. My Xeon X5450 vs my E8500 at all tasks (and while at 4GHz) proved that (to me at least).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, catzambia said:

I don't know if anybody cares. But I have a 350w Seasonic 80 plus bronze power supply that has 57000 (roughly) hours on it. Still going strong. I also have a 400w unit, and it's got a little less hours on it I believe, but also running fine. These things are beast.

i have a power supply from 1995 that still works just fine, the inside is a horror show, but hey it works :P

its not so much about how long they last, and if they'll all nuke or not, it's about the chance yours is the one to go bad.

with the top tier very well made ones the chance of it going bad is pretty minimal because the designed spared no expense on making sure they dont go bad.

on the lower end... not so much. every FSP group power supply i have has needed an oil refill on the fan because they were burning up their bearings. a 100% failure rate on yate loon fans isnt all too impressive stat xD

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

i have a power supply from 1995 that still works just fine, the inside is a horror show, but hey it works :P

its not so much about how long they last, and if they'll all nuke or not, it's about the chance yours is the one to go bad.

with the top tier very well made ones the chance of it going bad is pretty minimal because the designed spared no expense on making sure they dont go bad.

on the lower end... not so much. every FSP group power supply i have has needed an oil refill on the fan because they were burning up their bearings. a 100% failure rate on yate loon fans isnt all too impressive stat xD

You actually bother to maintain those fans? I just replace them with ones that are brushless+have ball bearings-its not like they can't be re-used when the PSU dies, and they run a lot quieter as well.

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

You actually bother to maintain those fans? I just replace them with ones that are brushless+have ball bearings-its not like they can't be re-used when the PSU dies, and they run a lot quieter as well.

well, i have a bottle of oil, a new fan is €10 per power supply to go bad.

when talking budget, the choice is easy :P besides, the oil refill on my server that's running 24/7 has been going strong for like 6 months or so now. i take it out for dusting significantly more than that ;)

42 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

1 - the CPU will be a massive bottleneck for anything above a 950
2 - the PSU is utter crap and I wouldn't trust anything beyond a 950 with that

which gpu would you prefer in 200-250$ range

Just now, manikyath said:

well, i have a bottle of oil, a new fan is €10 per power supply to go bad.

when talking budget, the choice is easy :P besides, the oil refill on my server that's running 24/7 has been going strong for like 6 months or so now. i take it out for dusting significantly more than that ;)

Well if its working for you-I personally don't want to have another PSU go up in flames (literally) because the fan seized and caught fire (that's been the death of 2x PSU-1 of them not exactly cheap).

PMSL

Just now, BraveSaw said:

which gpu would you prefer in 200-250$ range

RX 480 and a new PSU

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Just now, don_svetlio said:

RX 480 and a new PSU

but i have powersupply issues and iam from india and in india it it selling in about 350$ thats just insane.., :P

Just now, BraveSaw said:

but i have powersupply issues and iam from india and in india it it selling in about 350$ thats just insane.., :P

Corsair VS are shit. Avoid using them with anything that actually uses power (aka anything beyond a 750 Ti)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Just now, don_svetlio said:

RX 480 and a new PSU

i'm gonna back this one, mostly because it's a newer card (future resistance) and because i have moral objection against pairing any variation of a high end gpu with any variation of a low end power supply.

1 minute ago, BraveSaw said:

iam from india

more reason to avoid corsair's low end - they are known to not like heat too much.

40 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Corsair VS are shit. Avoid using them with anything that actually uses power (aka anything beyond a 750 Ti)

Unless you go overkill with the wattage-then they are fine.

PMSL

Sadly, it'll bottleneck a lot. I'd also consider getting a better PSU.