At what time does the GTX 1060 go on sale?

Dionyz

Rather being up all night I was wondering if anyone knows at what time?

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Why?  Would you really buy one without tech reviews?  :/

Sure, why not?  I have faith in the numbers that have been posted and in NVidia to release hardware that is worth buying (at least in 2016).

If cards go on sale tonight for $250, I'll buy one for sure...  probably two... :)

2 minutes ago, Tech Deals said:

Sure, why not?  I have faith in the numbers that have been posted and in NVidia to release hardware that is worth buying (at least in 2016).

If cards go on sale tonight for $250, I'll buy one for sure...  probably two... :)

they wont 300bucks and nvidia number are not aways trust worthy

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

2 minutes ago, Tech Deals said:

That's great.  Guys like you are why more patient people get better value for their dollar.  You guys pay for R&D.  xD

9 minutes ago, stconquest said:

That's great.  Guys like you are why more patient people get better value for their dollar.  You guys pay for R&D.  xD

To be fair I paid like $50 less for my FE 1070 on launch day, than the cheapest custom 1070 available right now in Canada (The cooler's a piece of junk and i had a spare Accelero 4 kicking around anyway so can't complain lol, can do 2150Mhz on the core while never hitting 60C).

Up here, Newegg always sells the first batch of cards for the regular price, then for a few weeks the prices get jacked up, so buying at launch in some cases is cheaper. The 1060 will be all custom cards too, so even more worth it to buy at launch, up here at least.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

6 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Perhaps, but I have a YouTube channel... :)  I have to get one and I'm too small for NVidia to send me a review sample.

I waited on the GTX 1070/1080 to get a better deal, and I think that ended up being a mistake...

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

To be fair I paid like $50 less for my FE 1070 on launch day, than the cheapest custom 1070 available right now in Canada (The cooler's a piece of junk and i had a spare Accelero 4 kicking around anyway so can't complain lol, can do 2150Mhz on the core while never hitting 60C).

Up here, Newegg always sells the first batch of cards for the regular price, then for a few weeks the prices get jacked up, so buying at launch in some cases is cheaper. The 1060 will be all custom cards too, so even more worth it up here at least.

Well, I would wait a month or two for the market to stabilize.  Just from the trends I have seen, especially with this launch of new GPUs.  If you say something is supposed to be $XXX.XX, I want to know why it is not.  No impulse buying for me.

4 minutes ago, Tech Deals said:

Perhaps, but I have a YouTube channel... :)  I have to get one and I'm too small for NVidia to send me a review sample.

I waited on the GTX 1070/1080 to get a better deal, and I think that ended up being a mistake...

Oh why is that?  Have Nvidia stopped making those GPUs?

Why is everyone talking about the market, and its stability? You're looking the the MSRP for a base Mustang and waiting for the market to "stabilize" so that the GT price drops to it... The MSRP is as low as the card will go, not the highest xD 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Why is everyone talking about the market, and its stability? You're looking the the MSRP for a base Mustang and waiting for the market to "stabilize" so that the GT price drops to it... The MSRP is as low at the card will go, not the highest xD 

I want it lower than MSRP damnit!:P

10 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Oh why is that?  Have Nvidia stopped making those GPUs?

It prevented me from having a 1070/1080 in my hands for the first month they were out...  Sometimes timing is everything...

28 minutes ago, Dionyz said:

Rather being up all night I was wondering if anyone knows at what time?

You do realise that different parts of the world has different times, right?

How about telling us what part of the world you're in.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

And I want a GALAX HOF 1080, so here we sit. Both waiting xD 

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I want a GTX 1080 TI with 12GB of RAM and 30% more performance than the 1080! :)

Oh, and I want it for $500 :)

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

And I want a GALAX HOF 1080, so here we sit. Both waiting xD 

I see it like this:  They sell out and sell out until they stop selling out.  Nvidia gets anxious with the drop in sales and BAM!  10%-15% off sale.  May take a while, but I don't mind.  Once they pay for R&D/manufacturing, stimulating sales is more important then getting people to pay out their asses.

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I see it like this:  They sell out and sell out until they stop selling out.  Nvidia gets anxious with the drop in sales and BAM!  10%-15% off sale.  May take a while, but I don't mind.  Once they pay for R&D/manufacturing, stimulating sales is more important then getting people to pay out their asses.

Only thing that will drop the price is competition, and that ain't happening soon brother. Closest thing is the 490 by the end of the year and it's a duel GPU card. That won't pull people away from the 1070 or 1080 in high enough numbers to make an impact on sales enough to warrant a price drop. We need Vega, bad. And AMD moved it back to 2017. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Only thing that will drop the price is competition, and that ain't happening soon brother. Closest thing is the 490 by the end of the year and it's a duel GPU card. That won't pull people away from the 1070 or 1080 in high enough numbers to make an impact on sales enough to warrant a price drop. We need Vega, bad. And AMD moved it back to 2017. 

Man, I game 3 years into the past.  I have a good buffer going on... stop trying to fuck it up!  ;)

I asked this question on the forum about 3 hours ago.

According to Nvidia's twitter, they will start going on sale at 6am PDT (9am EDT).

Desktop Build:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | MSI b350m Mortar Arctic | 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury | Fractal Design Define Mini C TG | 240GB Sandisk SSD Plus

Home Server Build:

Intel Core i3-6100 | ASRock Pro 4s | 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury | Corsair 500r

"Just because you're garbage doesn't mean you can't do great things. It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot."
-Oscar the Grouch

looks like one review is already up lol.

http://videocardz.com/62364/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-reviews

That mirrors edge comparison though...

https://youtu.be/Rd1ghe9SriY

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR