Have i wasted money?

I was going to say something wise, but I like your SAO pic. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who likes it, feels like that sometimes.

Good anime, gave me loads of feels though xD I cried once or twice & what were you gonna say?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Good anime, gave me loads of feels though xD I cried once or twice & what were you gonna say?

Yh, dunno why everyone seems to hate it. Something to back up your point, but now I've forgotten xD.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

Yh, dunno why everyone seems to hate it. Something to back up your point, but now I've forgotten xD.

Weird and oh xD fail

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Both the 8350 and the 4670 are good CPUs. What you should have done was in vest in a monster custom water cooling setup for the 8350.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Stay with what you have now that you've invested in it. To be honest, 60C isn't that bad. The 955/965 can hit it easily with a slight overclock, but it's not like a large tower cooler can't handle it. I live in a dorm as well so I know how it feels; it's something you can get used to if you really want to, or you can just downclock until fall/winter rolls around. The number of cans certainly helps, but a fan controller really does wonders if you want a silent build.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

While we are moving towards multi-threaded programs excelling on 8-core systems, those programs are pertained to stuff like video editing and encoding, VFXs, 3D Modelling etc. Since you only mention Microsoft Office programs, switching back to the 8350 is a waste of time and you'll have that heat issue again. 

u know right 8350 produces less heat then haswell ? 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

I have a 4670K and it has been plowing through bf4 open beta no problem on ultra settings on my 7950 so I think you will be fine imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer