V sync

Fieldsy12

I have a nvidia gpu and I get screen tears when I play h1z1 and I don't want to turn on v sync but I can't get g sync cuz I don't have a g sync monitor so is there any way I can get no screen tears without turning on v sync?

4 minutes ago, Fieldsy12 said:

I have a nvidia gpu and I get screen tears when I play h1z1 and I don't want to turn on v sync but I can't get g sync cuz I don't have a g sync monitor so is there any way I can get no screen tears without turning on v sync?

Nope, why don't you want to use V-Sync? :P

18 minutes ago, Cela1 said:

Nope, why don't you want to use V-Sync? :P

Because it matches with your monitor's refresh rate which would only be 60 fps if u don't even know what v sync is don't comment plz

Just set a max fps on gpu control panel or in game console(if it has one).

2 hours ago, Fieldsy12 said:

Because it matches with your monitor's refresh rate which would only be 60 fps if u don't even know what v sync is don't comment plz

Lmao, wow, this is a silly comment. It seems like your implying that you getting more than 60fps on a 60hz monitor is benefiting you...guess what, it isn't. 60hz means you will only be able to see 60 fps, even if you are getting 100000 fps, you are still only going to see 60 of them.

The reason you are getting tearing is more than likely because you fps is going higher than your monitors refresh rate, so matching the framerate to your monitor is what you should do, or buy a higher refresh rate monitor.

Ways to match the framerate to the monitor.

V-sync

Adaptive V-sync.

Fast Sync depending on what card you have (pascal only I think) Doesn't cap framerate but helps tearing at framerates higher than the monitor refresh rate.

Cap frame rate with msi afterburner and riva tuner.

Or my preferred way would be cap it with nvidia inspector.

Depending on your monitor you may be able to overclock the refresh rate to 70-75hz which would give you more headroom for higher frame rates vs tearing.

Some guides on google and youtube for this.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

7 hours ago, Fieldsy12 said:

I do know what V-Sync is m8, so please don't assume stuff. While my comment was semi sarcastic, I still genuinely meant it as I play with V-Sync because I feel like 60fps is enough (and as Leelaa said, the monitor has a fixed refresh rate anyways) and will take it if I get no screen tearing. So yea.

14 hours ago, Fieldsy12 said:

Your monitor is limited by it's refresh rate whether Vsync is on or not. You can try to run your games at 200 FPS if you wish, but the monitor in question can only redraw the image 60 times per second.