Which solutions are there for faster Mbits speed

Vinne
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
22 minutes ago, Vinne said:

W-L and DamnTarget. I meant specifically the internet speed-external network of each computer to the internet. We all have 100 mbps down-upload to internet each. But do you also need 100/1000/10000 fast cables and routers to have more than 100 mbps internet speed for each computer to internet. I will look into the speed of cables

If your talking about your internet connection speed to each computer you are paying for 100mbps down/up so you will only get that speed as it's your max.  The speed between computers inside your network is different, if you wanted gigabit connections between all computer to communicate with each other that would require all the hardware to support gigabit connections. 

We have a total of 4 computers running at around 90-100 mbps in download and upload. Our switches and routers are transmitting 400 mbits in total from our computers. So why are individual computers locked at 100 mbps. Is there any software or hardware-internet card that could increase 1 computer's internet speed past 100 mbps.

7 minutes ago, Vinne said:

We have a total of 4 computers running at around 90-100 mbps in download and upload. Our switches and routers are transmitting 400 mbits in total from our computers. So why are individual computers locked at 100 mbps. Is there any software or hardware-internet card that could increase 1 computer's internet speed past 100 mbps.

Are you limited by your internet speed or are you talking about the link or connection speeds between computers only capable of reaching 100mbps. If it's the Link or connection speeds make sure all your hardware is capable of gigabit connections including the ethernet cables to make sure they are rated at CAT5e. 

Ethernet link speeds are limited to 10/100/1000/10000. I would check your cables and NICs to ensure they are capable of at least Gigabit transfer speeds.

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

W-L and DamnTarget. I meant specifically the internet speed-external network of each computer to the internet. We all have 100 mbps down-upload to internet each. But do you also need 100/1000/10000 fast cables and routers to have more than 100 mbps internet speed for each computer to internet. I will look into the speed of cables

22 minutes ago, Vinne said:

If your talking about your internet connection speed to each computer you are paying for 100mbps down/up so you will only get that speed as it's your max.  The speed between computers inside your network is different, if you wanted gigabit connections between all computer to communicate with each other that would require all the hardware to support gigabit connections. 

Alright. It's you get what you pay from the ISP. I will keep in mind your recommendation of hardware required to speed up network speed//