Nvidia 1000 prices

jimpa1812

when looking at what the prices would be on websites before and after the launch they have all said that the GTX 1070 nonreference will cost around £320 and the lowest I had found was £380. why is this?

Just now, Teddy07 said:

because nvidia can demand this prices and people still buy it

well

Supply and demand. Supply is low and demand is high, therefore prices are inflated above the suggested retail price. The fact there's a premium Founder's Edition doesn't help as well.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

also gpu prices outside of the u.s always suck :/

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

1 hour ago, McHox said:

also gpu prices outside of the u.s always suck :/

very strange and US is considered a rich country

7 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

not strange,just annoying import and other taxes ._.

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

Also depends where you are in the US and which retailer you buy from.  Tax may not even be an issue.  Case in point, I order all my cards from EVGA.  I pay their $7 dollar shipping and that's it.

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

3 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Considered and being are two separate things. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

2 hours ago, StealthArsenal said:

Also depends where you are in the US and which retailer you buy from.  Tax may not even be an issue.  Case in point, I order all my cards from EVGA.  I pay their $7 dollar shipping and that's it.

wow thats an insane deal. Now i am jealous :(

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

wow thats an insane deal. Now i am jealous :(

Yeah, living next to California rocks. I don't even pay shipping xD 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

9 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

Supply and demand. Supply is low and demand is high, therefore prices are inflated above the suggested retail price. The fact there's a premium Founder's Edition doesn't help as well.

Funnily enough the founders edition overclocks better than most AIB cards people have reviewed. No it doesn't breach the magical 2.1ghz on every card you buy like nvidia showed in the demo and it is not a quite card by all means but it does really well. Got 2 evga FE's the other day and finished putting EK blocks on them last night. Can't wait to see how they perform with the HBM sli bridge and some new dx12 games.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

There is still restricted demand in most places, the retailers thus jack up the prices. Its got nothing to do with Nvidia other than them not having enough wafer starts to fullfill early demand fully. Whether they have a choice about that we will never know.