Amp+DAC for AKG K7XX's and Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm

The title says it all.
I'm planning on buying the Beyerdynamic's first because they are available at my county and cost about 200$ and then follow up by buying the Massdrop AKG K7XX's for open back headphones.
I will be using them for listening to music (electronic music), watching a lot of tv shows and movies and gaming for hours.
I've been told i have to use a DAC+amp for both of those headphones so i wanted to know which one would you guys recommend for me.
I don't want them to be expensive but i also do not want to get something cheap or cheaper then what is needed.
Another question is would you recommend sticking with my choice for the Beyerdynamic headphones or would you say there are better closed back comfortable headphones for the same price range, like i said will be mainly using them for electronic music.
(some recommend ATH-M50X but i'm not sure)

2 hours ago, DaisyCarnival said:

I've been told i have to use a DAC+amp for both of those headphones so i wanted to know which one would you guys recommend for me.

By whom? I for one never said you needed to get a DAC and amp, I have always said that you should try with onboard first.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

By whom? I for one never said you needed to get a DAC and amp, I have always said that you should try with onboard first.

Not by you.
I have read many reviews about the Headphones and most if not all people said an Amp is a must have and a DAC is something u get later if the sound has problems...
You told me to wait and see if it works but i didn't say i want to buy it tomorrow, i just rather know how much i will need to pay if needed and what are my options.
That way i will know how much my budget should be lol 

PS: same goes for the beyerdynamics, they both need a good DAC and amp to give them 100%...
I will check out if they work or not before getting an amp or amp+dac but if needed will know what to buy beforehand and get them quickly instead of figuring it out after purchase for hours or even days :)

6 minutes ago, DaisyCarnival said:

PS: same goes for the beyerdynamics, they both need a good DAC and amp to give them 100%...

That is 100% BS, I can run the DT 770 with no problem off my phone, I can run harder to drive headphones of my phone and they will give the 100%

7 minutes ago, DaisyCarnival said:

Not by you.
I have read many reviews about the Headphones and most if not all people said an Amp is a must have and a DAC is something u get later if the sound has problems...
You told me to wait and see if it works but i didn't say i want to buy it tomorrow, i just rather know how much i will need to pay if needed and what are my options.
That way i will know how much my budget should be lol 

I would like to know who told you that, because that person does not have a lot experiance then, sure the audio quality might go up a little, but for the money you are paying you might aswel put that money on top of the headphone budget, that way you get a bigger jump in audio quality.

If you end up needing a amp and DAC or just a amp, you can just look at the recommendations I have made in the pinned post. The schiit stack (modi ang magni) is always a good option.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

That is 100% BS, I can run the DT 770 with no problem off my phone, I can run harder to drive headphones of my phone and they will give the 100%

I would like to know who told you that, because that person does not have a lot experiance then, sure the audio quality might go up a little, but for the money you are paying you might aswel put that money on top of the headphone budget, that way you get a bigger jump in audio quality.

If you end up needing a amp and DAC or just a amp, you can just look at the recommendations I have made in the pinned post. The schiit stack (modi ang magni) is always a good option.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743280/the-akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-thread
"the K7XX remains somewhat confusing in how tough it is to drive. Throwing it on a smartphone or iPad will get plenty of volume but it won't necessarily be all that enjoyable. Despite the warmer and smoother response, I still think this headphone sounds thin and peaky without some reasonably potent amplification."

1:56 "you will probably" need an amp to power them up to their full potential"

But to be honest if you really really believe that i do not need an amp or that it wont make any difference or a difference so small that is not worth like 80$ or 120$ then im not gonna buy an amp.
you seem to know about your tech a lot so i won't look any further then your personal knowledge. Thank you ^_^  saved me 120$

2 minutes ago, DaisyCarnival said:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/743280/the-akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-thread
"the K7XX remains somewhat confusing in how tough it is to drive. Throwing it on a smartphone or iPad will get plenty of volume but it won't necessarily be all that enjoyable. Despite the warmer and smoother response, I still think this headphone sounds thin and peaky without some reasonably potent amplification."

1:56 "you will probably" need an amp to power them up to their full potential"

But to be honest if you really really believe that i do not need an amp or that it wont make any difference or a difference so small that is not worth like 80$ or 120$ then im not gonna buy an amp.
you seem to know about your tech a lot so i won't look any further then your personal knowledge. Thank you ^_^  saved me 120$

He is a idiot when it comes to sound, he thinks that Ohm matters kek.

Well all I am saying is that if you can power them then it would not be worth getting a amp.

8 hours ago, DaisyCarnival said:

"the K7XX remains somewhat confusing in how tough it is to drive. Throwing it on a smartphone or iPad will get plenty of volume but it won't necessarily be all that enjoyable. Despite the warmer and smoother response, I still think this headphone sounds thin and peaky without some reasonably potent amplification.

I've yet to experience a headphone that responded like this.

Vast majority of head amps are voltage sources, which means that the voltage determines volume. So the only other variable is current, and if there isn't enough there will be clipping; not a change in frequency response.