Case Wars *All Out Battle*

Hey Guys.
I've made a couple of topics always about 2 cases, 1 versus the other to see which one I like best but in those topics I always discovered more cases and the disadvantages to the cases I liked.
So I thought to myself : "linustechtips is the fastest forum with so many knowledgeable people who own most of the cases I ask about and those people have so much insight to what to get or not to get".
Well I think the best idea for someone like me, a person who wants to build his first pc and does not have a store next to his house with those cases so he can check them out for himself, to just make a Case War in the best website to see what people think and in the process open a 2016 discussion (since many people are building new cases around this time) to what case is the best to buy for 2016 and why.

The Cases I'm familiar with (know about not seen myself) are:
*Prices in my country*
- Fractal Design Define S (Window): 100$
- Corsair Obsidian 450D: 145$
- CoolerMaster MasterCase 5: 145$
- Fractal Design Define R5 (Window): 158$
- NZXT H440: 161$
- Corsair Carbide 540 Air: 170$
Corsair Obsidian 750D: 194$
- Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition: 197$

- Corsair Carbide Clear 600C: 203$

- CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5: 204$
- In Win 805 (Tempered Glass): 236$
- Corsair Graphite 760T: 241$
- Corsair Graphite 780T: 244$
- Corsair Obsidian 900D: 440-485$ 
- Phanteks EVOLV Tempered Glass: 500-520$

I need to choose one of those cases for my build so here we go.
I love aesthetics, I am one of those people who really appreciates what he has when its beautiful to the eye, an eye candy freak !
For that reason I will buy the NZXT Hue+ Led Kit so the PC i buy will also have Red/Purple lights coming out of it. Window Necessary.
my most preferred cases are box cases not cases with extreme curves and designs from 2012 (NZXT Phantom lmao).
Most if not all the cases i wrote up there are box cases except for the MasterCase,Graphite,EVOLV, but those cases are cases i appreciate for being themselves and i kind of like how they look.
I want the case to be quiet but quietness is not why i am building a new pc, i want my room to look Premium and have nice headphones (ATH-M50X) with a beautiful IKEA table and beautiful 5.1 speakers, an incredible 34 Inch 3440x1440 Predator X34A or P and RGB Lights behind all of that to light up my room (Also having an RGB Keyboard and mouse).
Basically not something special to most of the 2000$+ Builders but still i want to note what I'm getting and how i feel and why I'm buying them.
Performance is of course my first and only real real priority since i want the ultimate performance for the price and items i am getting.

Build:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha.
CPU: i7 6700K.
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Red LED 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3000 MHz or 3200 MHz.
PSU: Corsair AX860i.
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB.
HHD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB.
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB.
Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB .
System: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Monitor (in the future): Acer Predator X34 or X34P

Thank you for your thoughts and opinions ^_^

Fractal Design Define S (Window).jpgCoolerMaster MasterCase 5.jpg

CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5.jpg

Corsair Carbide 540 Air.png

Corsair Carbide Clear 600C (Inverted).jpg

Corsair Graphite 760T.png

Corsair Graphite 780T.png

Corsair Obsidian 450D.png

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition.png

Corsair Obsidian 750D.png

Corsair Obsidian 900D.png

Fractal Design Define R5 (Blackout & Window).jpeg

In Win 805.png

NZXT H440.jpg

Phanteks EVOLV (Tempered Glass).jpg

I'd get the In Win 805 anyday

Seen it from a computer store, it's fucking beautiful

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

If you will have red leds get the NZXT  H440 for sure, it has good cooling too.

I have a corsair 750d airflow and love it to death.

3 hours ago, DaisyCarnival said:

Hey Guys.
I've made a couple of topics always about 2 cases, 1 versus the other to see which one I like best but in those topics I always discovered more cases and the disadvantages to the cases I liked.
So I thought to myself : "linustechtips is the fastest forum with so many knowledgeable people who own most of the cases I ask about and those people have so much insight to what to get or not to get".
Well I think the best idea for someone like me, a person who wants to build his first pc and does not have a store next to his house with those cases so he can check them out for himself, to just make a Case War in the best website to see what people think and in the process open a 2016 discussion (since many people are building new cases around this time) to what case is the best to buy for 2016 and why.

The Cases I'm familiar with (know about not seen myself) are:
*Prices in my country*
- Fractal Design Define S (Window): 100$
- Corsair Obsidian 450D: 145$
- CoolerMaster MasterCase 5: 145$
- Fractal Design Define R5 (Window): 158$
- NZXT H440: 161$
- Corsair Carbide 540 Air: 170$
Corsair Obsidian 750D: 194$
- Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition: 197$

- Corsair Carbide Clear 600C: 203$

- CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5: 204$
- In Win 805 (Tempered Glass): 236$
- Corsair Graphite 760T: 241$
- Corsair Graphite 780T: 244$
- Corsair Obsidian 900D: 440-485$ 
- Phanteks EVOLV Tempered Glass: 500-520$

I need to choose one of those cases for my build so here we go.
I love aesthetics, I am one of those people who really appreciates what he has when its beautiful to the eye, an eye candy freak !
For that reason I will buy the NZXT Hue+ Led Kit so the PC i buy will also have Red/Purple lights coming out of it. Window Necessary.
my most preferred cases are box cases not cases with extreme curves and designs from 2012 (NZXT Phantom lmao).
Most if not all the cases i wrote up there are box cases except for the MasterCase,Graphite,EVOLV, but those cases are cases i appreciate for being themselves and i kind of like how they look.
I want the case to be quiet but quietness is not why i am building a new pc, i want my room to look Premium and have nice headphones (ATH-M50X) with a beautiful IKEA table and beautiful 5.1 speakers, an incredible 34 Inch 3440x1440 Predator X34A or P and RGB Lights behind all of that to light up my room (Also having an RGB Keyboard and mouse).
Basically not something special to most of the 2000$+ Builders but still i want to note what I'm getting and how i feel and why I'm buying them.
Performance is of course my first and only real real priority since i want the ultimate performance for the price and items i am getting.

Build:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha.
CPU: i7 6700K.
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Red LED 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3000 MHz or 3200 MHz.
PSU: Corsair AX860i.
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB.
HHD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB.
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB.
Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB .
System: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Monitor (in the future): Acer Predator X34 or X34P

Thank you for your thoughts and opinions ^_^

meh in my opinion you should have included more phanteks cases

I like the phanteks enthoo lux

Edited by airdeano
Removed Quoted Images

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

7 minutes ago, crysilis said:

meh in my opinion you should have included more phanteks cases

I like the phanteks enthoo lux

I understand.
Many people use and love to death the Phanteks cases but for some reason the front of those cases (Lux,Pro) are hideous (in my opinion).
the front square with 4 bays just make me want to break it.
Anyways Phanteks cases do not sell here so like the EVOLV they are priced over 400-500$ so if anything i could just get either my favorite EVOLV or the Obsidian 900D lol
PS: you didn't have to quote all of the text and pictures i have added to reply me with 2 sentence.

Evolv ATX TG ditches everything. Nobody else will have it. You could show it to your erm... friends

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

If you're good at something, never do it free.

4 minutes ago, .li0n said:

Evolv ATX TG ditches everything. Nobody else will have it. You could show it to your erm... friends

That's why i wanted it so bad, the price of the case (shipping,tax etc.) makes it cost 500$ in my county. i'm still considering buying it but i'm just so cautious about that decision since its 5x more then a Define S case lmao.
would you say the EVOLV TG is worth 5 times the Define S or 2.5x the In Win 805 ?

4 minutes ago, DaisyCarnival said:

That's why i wanted it so bad, the price of the case (shipping,tax etc.) makes it cost 500$ in my county. i'm still considering buying it but i'm just so cautious about that decision since its 5x more then a Define S case lmao.
would you say the EVOLV TG is worth 5 times the Define S or 2.5x the In Win 805 ?

Well... in România it's like 250$. Where do you live? Why is it so damn expensive out there?

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

If you're good at something, never do it free.

By the way, the M50X headphones are nowhere near being good considering the price point they are at. If they were cheaper they would be much easier to recommend.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

As the owner of a 780T, I like it but if I had a do over I'd get the Evolved Tempered glass. My 780T cost me $180 at Micro Center

CPU: i7 5820K Motherboard: AsRock x99x Fatality RAM: 32GB Corsair DDR4 3000mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ti SC2 Case: Corsair 780T Storage: Samsung 950 Pro M.2, Samsung EVO 500gb and various WB Storage PSU: EVGA 1300 G2 Display: TBD

4 minutes ago, .li0n said:

Well... in România it's like 250$. Where do you live? Why is it so damn expensive out there?

Israel.
Everything here is normally 2x the US price but since i have to handle shipping and tax myself and its a large ass case it becomes 3x the original price....

Inwin... looks the coolest

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

By the way, the M50X headphones are nowhere near being good considering the price point they are at. If they were cheaper they would be much easier to recommend.

So what headphones would you recommend, I've decided to buy those because of all of the good reviews they have and because a youtuber i like (TechSource) is using them and i trust him and his style of music *EDM*.
But if you have better headphones for Electronic Music, Gaming and Streaming what would be your choice ?

5 minutes ago, DaisyCarnival said:

So what headphones would you recommend, I've decided to buy those because of all of the good reviews they have and because a youtuber i like (TechSource) is using them and i trust him and his style of music *EDM*.
But if you have better headphones for Electronic Music, Gaming and Streaming what would be your choice ?

See these threads

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

@DeadEyePsycho
Thank you, to be honest i had many doubts about the M-50X's and i just confirmed it, they basically are the middle between Beats and actual accurate and professional headphones !
I changed my headphones choice to Massdrop's AKG K7XX headphones for open back.
Probably in the future will buy the V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Wireless for closed-back music listening and outside use ^_^

1 hour ago, DaisyCarnival said:

I understand.
Many people use and love to death the Phanteks cases but for some reason the front of those cases (Lux,Pro) are hideous (in my opinion).
the front square with 4 bays just make me want to break it.
Anyways Phanteks cases do not sell here so like the EVOLV they are priced over 400-500$ so if anything i could just get either my favorite EVOLV or the Obsidian 900D lol
PS: you didn't have to quote all of the text and pictures i have added to reply me with 2 sentence.

in my opinion i like to use optical bays as it looks cleaner if i fill them up then using say a usb optical drive

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

2 minutes ago, crysilis said:

in my opinion i like to use optical bays as it looks cleaner if i fill them up then using say a usb optical drive

That's definitely true.
For using 1 optical drive tho....
not 4 and to be honest I could somehow deal with them if they weren't priced at 500$ in my county and that square in the front.
for me it just ruins the cleanliness that the front should have, even with let's say 2 drive bays on the front, other then those the front has to look clean in my opinion :( 

1 hour ago, DaisyCarnival said:

That's definitely true.
For using 1 optical drive tho....
not 4 and to be honest I could somehow deal with them if they weren't priced at 500$ in my county and that square in the front.
for me it just ruins the cleanliness that the front should have, even with let's say 2 drive bays on the front, other then those the front has to look clean in my opinion :( 

https://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-tipway®-Firewire-Power-Optical-Reader/dp/B00JXFHERU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1468613054&sr=1-2&keywords=sd+card+reader+optical+drive

https://www.amazon.com/STW-Optical-Internal-6-port-Charger/dp/B00YE034LO/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1468613109&sr=1-6&keywords=usb+hub+optical+drive

and i hear they have dacs that can be put in a optical drive space

it seems really convienent if you put all those in

PhoneIphone 5 32gb