Australian League of Legends

So this is probably a long shot, but here it goes!

I've been playing LoL since beta and despite the community and just general toxicity surrounding the game, I still really enjoy it. But recently I decided to try and make more of a serious effort in Ranked. I've been doing OK in solo queue, but random teammates every game makes for inconsistent quality and enjoyment of matches. So I'm hoping to band together with 4 (or more) other semi-casual players who want to see how high they can get by seasons end and beyond. I'm a married man and father of one, who also works full time, so I'm not looking to commit to any crazy amount of hours per week, but a few games during the week and more on a weekend is not unreasonable. 

If you're interested, great! I may post in more LoL focused forums/groups etc. but they are generally just full of trolls and critics. I'm fairly immune to both when in game and would expect any potential team mates to be as well. I'm just looking for a fun team but yes, with a focus on getting better and improving our rank. 

Cheers!

should probably mention your realm

plus the game is like 8 years old, it's been on a decline ever since season 2

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

7 minutes ago, DXMember said:

should probably mention your realm

plus the game is like 8 years old, it's been on a decline ever since season 2

On the decline how? Player numbers? Because that's just untrue see - https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/can-blizzards-storm-tackle-a-saturating-moba-market/ - for example. Even if it wasn't, how does that affect my simple invitation to fellow players?

I'm on the Oceanic Server. 

3 minutes ago, val0r0x said:

On the decline how? Player numbers? Because that's just untrue see - https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/can-blizzards-storm-tackle-a-saturating-moba-market/ - for example. Even if it wasn't, how does that affect my simple invitation to fellow players?

I'm on the Oceanic Server. 

probably not on total player numbers as the younger generation only now starts discovering the game

but in terms of old player retention it most definitely is - most of everyone I knew playing the game have quit

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

9 minutes ago, DXMember said:

probably not on total player numbers as the younger generation only now starts discovering the game

but in terms of old player retention it most definitely is - most of everyone I knew playing the game have quit

So it's not really experiencing a decline, your mates have just stopped playing. Glad we got that sorted :D

14 minutes ago, val0r0x said:

So it's not really experiencing a decline, your mates have just stopped playing. Glad we got that sorted :D

:(