Dual graphics card with a10-7850k or not?

J-Spark
Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
3 minutes ago, Megamew2 said:

As a current user of a A10-7850k, I'd honestly recommend just going with the Athlon 860k and a discrete GPU. The price to performance gained from dual graphics isn't very kind when it comes to the price to performance. If you gotta grab this now, go with the 860k + Discrete, or if you're not in much of a rush, I'd totally wait and see what Zen brings to us. Current APUs and their old architectures will be phased out very soon by new ones.

the "smaller" zen should first be here in the new year, from what I have read then we will only see the best zen CPU this year and that should not be cheap.

Im planning to buy a10-7850k but I dont know if dual graphics card perform better rather than buying other graphics card without doing crossfire.. does anyone know which of the two performs better for gaming purposes?? and what graphics card should I buy??

that processor can maybe take a single 480 or 1060 without bottlenecking.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

dont waste money doing CrossFire with the APU

go for the 860K and pair it with a R9 270/X

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

As a current user of a A10-7850k, I'd honestly recommend just going with the Athlon 860k and a discrete GPU. The price to performance gained from dual graphics isn't very kind when it comes to the price to performance. If you gotta grab this now, go with the 860k + Discrete, or if you're not in much of a rush, I'd totally wait and see what Zen brings to us. Current APUs and their old architectures will be phased out very soon by new ones.

3 minutes ago, Megamew2 said:

the "smaller" zen should first be here in the new year, from what I have read then we will only see the best zen CPU this year and that should not be cheap.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

11 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

dont waste money doing CrossFire with the APU

go for the 860K and pair it with a R9 270/X

ok.. thanks for the tip :D

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

That's disappointing, really.
@J-Spark + Another reason dual graphics is really spotty is because the game would require a Crossfire profile, which some games don't support. This would leave you likely relying on the discrete gpu to push the game. I always have kinda steered clear of the concept of Crossfire/Dual Graphics because along with the lack of support from many games, most of the games that do support it don't really implement it well, a lot of the time this can leave your game to be pretty unstable, choppy, and stuttering.