Transporting a Computer and Accessories

zarnold16

I am going to college soon and need a way to be able to transport my computer and its accessories to and from college. It will only need transported like 4 times a year. I'm using the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv iTX Case, have the mx Master mouse and a Razer blackwidow chroma keyboard. What would be the easiest way to travel with it?

Your Lap?

How far away is the college, what kind of means of transport?

Computers r fun

KB + M in bag

Computer:

Depending on mode of travel, having it either in your lap or having the graphics card and CPU heatsink removed would be good.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

If you still have the box and packaging the case came in, you could put your PC in it.

Traveling how? 

Car plane boat?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

8 minutes ago, zarnold16 said:

I am going to college soon and need a way to be able to transport my computer and its accessories to and from college. It will only need transported like 4 times a year. I'm using the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv iTX Case, have the mx Master mouse and a Razer blackwidow chroma keyboard. What would be the easiest way to travel with it?

I always put my tower in the front seat and buckle it in, assuming I'm travelling alone. Otherwise, I put it in the middle seat in the back and cross it with both seat belts, and purposefully lock them tight.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

I will be traveling by car and it is 9 hours away.

17 minutes ago, ShiftyFella said:

Pelican case with some foam cut out to size will be the best thing to keep it safe

pelican-mac-pro.jpg

Is there somewhere/a brand to buy that would have something like this predone all neat and professionally?

I do not want to spend that much as I am not transporting very often. I mostly want something for the ease of carrying everything.

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is there somewhere/a brand to buy that would have something like this predone all neat and professionally?

pelican offers custom precise fit cutting service but you can do it yourself if you have pick-n-pluck style insert, all you have to do is just put your equipment on the foam and traced around it then just take out bricks as foam insert is actually made of small sized cube blocks that are kinda connected together. I'm sure there plenty of custom foam insert companies that can do this as well

1 minute ago, zarnold16 said:

I do not want to spend that much as I am not transporting very often. I mostly want something for the ease of carrying everything.

considering you will be traveling by car, i would just strap it in to back seat of the car or fill cardboard box with some styrofoam and put everything there

1 minute ago, ShiftyFella said:

pelican offers custom precise fit cutting service but you can do it yourself if you have pick-n-pluck style insert, all you have to do is just put your equipment on the foam and traced around it then just take out bricks as foam insert is actually made of small sized cube blocks that are kinda connected together. I'm sure there plenty of custom foam insert companies that can do this as well

considering you will be traveling by car, i would just strap it in to back seat of the car or fill cardboard box with some styrofoam and put everything there

That's cool.  I'll have to try to remember that for next time I take desktop somewhere.  I really like the idea of having a nice custom foam padded solution vs. just sticking my tower behind the driver seat on the floor.  

Canadian Tire also sells a case with the pick and pluck style foam may be a good option for a keyboard/mouse/ monitor case as they can go on sale for as little as $50 and you can get a 21" monitor in them. Just have to be patient to find them on sale. Then for the the computer case just buckle it in.

In my SUV: Wrapped in blanket motherboard side down thus to prevent strain on PCI\ETC internals. Monitor on top face down on the blanket with a bungee preventing it from sliding or bouncing. Never had an issue

CPU: A good one | Motherboard: A blue medium in size | RAM: Enough for gaming | GPU: Two big ones | Case: Black with colors | Storage: More then enough | PSU: Could kill me if I licked it | Displays: Two of them | Cooling: A few fans | Keyboard: Yes | Mouse: Yes, on a wire | Sound: Sure | Operating System: You betcha!

9 hours ago, zarnold16 said:

If you have a mechanical hard-drive, definitely buy a hard-drive enclosure. It cushions the drive, and also protects it from impact (if any).

Nothing to see here ;)