Can't Enable SLI

FineVisionz

When I tried to run SLI With my Gigabite and a EVGA 970, when I went into the NIVIDIA Control Panel, the cards both showed up, but would not allow me to enable SLI.  I know I don't have a big enough power supply to run SLI properly but I can't imagine that this is the reason why I can't enable SLI in the NIVIDIA Control Panel.

I also kept getting a error that said an SLI bridge wasn't connected when it was.

Anyone got any idea on how to fix?

I know I don't have a big enough power supply to run SLI properly 

Your psu is sufficient for SLI (assuming you're not doing any crazy overclocks) btw. 

Check to make sure the SLI Bridge is on all the way (make sure the SLI bridge actually works)...Maybe try to use DDU to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers....other than that, I'm not sure what could be the issue. 

@EnemySp0tt3d Even assuming that was the issue (which it's not), at idle the cards pull so little power that you would be able to enable SLI on a 300w~ psu. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Your psu is sufficient for SLI (assuming you're not doing any crazy overclocks) btw. 

Check to make sure the SLI Bridge is on all the way (make sure the SLI bridge actually works)...Maybe try to use DDU to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers....other than that, I'm not sure what could be the issue. 

@EnemySp0tt3d Even assuming that was the issue (which it's not), at idle the cards pull so little power that you would be able to enable SLI on a 300w~ psu. 

Having different brands of GTX 970s isn't the problem?

Perhaps if you use a potato for your power supply you'll be able to run these...I have one and a it looks like this

potato-23313517.jpg

Nope. SLI just requires the same core. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

@djdwosk97 Is there anyway to check and see if the SLI bridge even works?  I have had the bridge for at least a year but it hasn't ever been touched before this.

6 minutes ago, FineVisionz said:

It should be fine

If you're getting error message about the SLI bridge then my guess is that, either it's not connected properly or not working. Do you have another bridge you could test?

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

It should be fine

If you're getting error message about the SLI bridge then my guess is that, either it's not connected properly or not working. Do you have another bridge you could test?

I am borrowing one from someone tomorrow and we will test if it is the bridge that is causing the problem.

On 7/12/2016 at 10:27 AM, wkdpaul said:

It should be fine

Tried another SLI bridge and no luck.  Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled drivers and still wouldn't let me enable SLI.

@djdwosk97

@EnemySp0tt3d

3 minutes ago, FineVisionz said:

Tried another SLI bridge and no luck.  Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled drivers and still wouldn't let me enable SLI.

@djdwosk97

@EnemySp0tt3d

You're not going to like this....but I would try reinstalling windows. The only other thing I could think of would be that one or both of the cards is defective. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler