Fitbit Flex review!

megadarkwood

First off, let me say that I suck at reviews..

The Box:

The box is actually pretty nice, I know that not many people care about the "Un-boxing" experience but I personally do. If I buy a expensive product, then I want a nice box! The box is a GoPro style box, but smaller. There are a few bits of information on the sides of the box also..

the-fitbit-is-cheaper.jpg

Source: businessinsider.com

First impressions:

The first thing I noticed is that this thing is LIGHT! After a while of wearing it I just completely forgot about it. It has a rubberized feel, with a plastic shackle (Feels like metal though). The top is "Touch sensitive" (Uses a vibration sensor), which does not work all the time but works most of the time. One thing that can bother you is that you have to wear it as tight as you can, this causes marks and irritation.

axBbV0fl.png

f1gvamJl.png

Build quality:

The build of this device feels extremely rugged, there is a small module that is inside of the actual band

Fitbit-Flex2-580-90.jpg

Source: TechRadar

This module is also charged separately in a small USB cable. The module has 4 small contacts that are used for charging, these contacts do not connect to anything inside of the band, making this entire device, band and all, water-resistant.

I feel completely safe using this in my day-to-day life.

Battery:

The battery on this device is said to last for 5 days, I have not managed to kill the battery since I got it (September 28, 2013). Charging is pretty fast, 45minutes for 80%. I will update on when I have to charge it.

Dashboard:

The dashboard is accessible from fitbit.com and by logging in from the top right corner. The dashboard has everything that the Flex can track and a few more things. On the main page, there is your steps, calories burnt, distance traveled, and active minutes. Under the Log tab there are your nutrition and sleep statuses, along with a few other things. 

Syncing:

You have to sync the device to your computer or iPhone (Only some Android devices are supported). After you sync it (Instructions are on their site: fitbit.com/setup). On your fitbit dashboard you can see a lot of stuff, Steps, Calories burned, distance walked, active minutes.

cfdaf819bc1bcabc979f50302c503e35.png

Man, I am a BEAST!

Another thing you can see is your sleep, to start tracking your sleep you have to rapidly tap the top of the Flex until it vibrates (Before you sleep). When you wake up, do the same thing until it vibrates again. When you sync your Flex, you can go to the "Log" section of the dashboard and click on sleep:

210df2299a4bb1c8a9876d4063bd6a4d.png

I need some work...

Conclusion:

If you are in the market for an activity tracker that is small and light that you will not notice on your hand and is still packed with awesome features, then this thing is for you. There are a few more things that can do the same things like the Jawbone UP, but I have not used anything else so I can not comment on those. 

If you have any questions then please ask them! :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Waterproof-ness confirmed! I accidentally took it into the shower and it survived! :D

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Very nice review :) 

And that thing is cool :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

• 5 weeks later...

what do you need this for?? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

what do you need this for?? 

Why not?