What should I upgrade?

What should I upgrade?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. CPU or GPU?

• i7 3770k
    • RX 480
    • i5 6400

I have $550CAD to spend on an upgrade. I was thinking about getting an RX 480 till I saw this video. I have a FX 6100 @ 4.2Ghz and HD 7870 and play games like ARMA 3, Rocket League, Men Of War Assault Squad 2, Verdun and BF4. I play everything at 1920X1200.

I can buy a i7 3770k and a Asus P68 LE motherboard used for $330, a new i5 6400 + motherboard for $350 or, an RX 480 for $290.

I play everything at 1920X1200.

What upgrade would give me the most bang for my buck?

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

Hard to tell you exactly what to upgrade as both your CPU and GPU could do with an upgrade :/. Since you're going to be playing Arma 3 and games that aren't that GPU demanding then my vote goes to a CPU upgrade :P

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

If I was you, I'd start by getting a 6500 + any DDR4 mobo + 8gb. Then, put your current FX, mobo and RAM for sale. Do the same for the GPU.

Reason to upgrade CPU first and GPU later is because if can sell either of your old stuff to get the new GPU, where as going with a GPU upgrade first doesn't allow you to sell your older platform to get a new one.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

What about getting a LGA 1151 mobo that supports DDR3 as DDR4 doesn't seem to boost fps?

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

3 minutes ago, h3ll0 said:

What about getting a LGA 1151 mobo that supports DDR3 as DDR4 doesn't seem to boost fps?

For starters, it does.

Second, Skylake + DDR3 = bad idea. DDR4 is exactly one of the main reasons to upgrade, ditching that wouldn't be smart, to say the least. Not to mention the problems with poorly configured mobos and DDR3.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

really?

r_600x450.png