Andromeda -- A beautiful X99 build

Sazexa
33 minutes ago, Energycore said:

You can make your rig look good with clean cable management :)

No, by rig is beautiful! I just want an X99 rig

Just now, AI3X said:

No, by rig is beautiful! I just want an X99 rig

:v

Acquire Job?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

:v

Acquire Job?

Teenager, in dc you need to be older than I am now...

1 minute ago, AI3X said:

Teenager, in dc you need to be older than I am now...

Ah well. X99 rigs aren't honestly that great if you can't make money off them imo

Honestly your system is not bad at all. Look at mine xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

Ah well. X99 rigs aren't honestly that great if you can't make money off them imo

Honestly your system is not bad at all. Look at mine xD

Ya.. ur system is still pretty good. that 560ti... may need an upgrade sooner than later, maybe I recommed craigslist...

To be honest, what would I use a X99 system for, I mean, other than bragging rights!:P 

Just now, AI3X said:

Ya.. ur system is still pretty good. that 560ti... may need an upgrade sooner than later, maybe I recommed craigslist...

To be honest, what would I use a X99 system for, I mean, other than bragging rights!:P 

I will get scholarship > buy 144Hz monitor + RX 470 + Joystick > Play racing games at glorious 144fps

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

I will get scholarship > buy 144Hz monitor + RX 470 + Joystick > Play racing games at glorious 144fps

YES... or save up for 5 centuries and get this...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C83BE6U/ref=psdc_1292115011_t2_B016GNX4SE

Ya... maybe get a rx 480 though, once that price tag comes down of course which, well, could be never... not for VR but HUGE fps difference between them for a little more money, if they are at MSRP which they are never at.

I would probab get a 1060 3gb or 1050 I just call it th GTX 1050 cause it ,  well is.

1 minute ago, AI3X said:

YES... or save up for 5 centuries and get this...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C83BE6U/ref=psdc_1292115011_t2_B016GNX4SE

Ya... maybe get a rx 480 though, once that price tag comes down of course which, well, could be never... not for VR but HUGE fps difference between them for a little more money, if they are at MSRP which they are never at.

I would probab get a 1060 3gb or 1050 I just call it th GTX 1050 cause it ,  well is.

Depends on price :D

I'd like one that OCs the best while still supporting FreeSync

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Where did you fit the hard drive? Wouldn'tthe front 360mm radiator block off all the hard drive mounts?

11 hours ago, reaperfang said:

Where did you fit the hard drive? Wouldn'tthe front 360mm radiator block off all the hard drive mounts?

There's a space in the basement of the case, where, you can buy a separately sold 3.5" HDD adapter and mount it to a mount pattern similar to the SSD mounts.

Here are some benchmarks without any real OC, other than the XMP profile and with some thermal throttling because it was "on air." 3DMark_FireStrike_1080p.PNG

3DMark_Time_Spy_1080.PNG

Passmark8.PNG

Passmark8_Expanded.PNG

Unigine_Extreme_1080.PNG

Cinebench_R15_CPU.PNG

Grats on the build _happy__by_cookiemagik.gif

You have a much better build than mine. I can see me using it for 3D rendering for all of my 3D animation and modeling work with 3ds Max and Maya (except I'll swap out the two 1080's for two Nvidia Titan X Pascal GPU's), as it can pretty demolish any kind of 3D workload like it already did CPU-wise.

Also grats on getting that mobo _shuffelin__by_cookiemagik-d4n40vw.gif. Looks like you're the second one here on the forums with the Rampage V Edition 10. I managed to post my build log on the forums with the exact motherboard that's powering my system, and except that I went with the Haswell-E i7-5930K CPU, as I didn't see any real value in going with Broadwell-E, and my chip can do 4.7 GHz at 1.325 volts, but I switched back to stock to cut down on thermal output.

I do, however plan on upgrading my Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240 to the EK-KIT P280 CLiB (Custom Loop in a Box) to beef up the cooling capacity and performance, and also get started on collecting the radiators for my massive dual loop setup I plan on doing in the near-future, as I can easily reuse the 280mm radiator for my GPU loop, paired with a 560mm radiator.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

19 hours ago, JurunceNK said:

Grats on the build _happy__by_cookiemagik.gif

You have a much better build than mine. I can see me using it for 3D rendering for all of my 3D animation and modeling work with 3ds Max and Maya (except I'll swap out the two 1080's for two Nvidia Titan X Pascal GPU's), as it can pretty demolish any kind of 3D workload like it already did CPU-wise.

Also grats on getting that mobo _shuffelin__by_cookiemagik-d4n40vw.gif. Looks like you're the second one here on the forums with the Rampage V Edition 10. I managed to post my build log on the forums with the exact motherboard that's powering my system, and except that I went with the Haswell-E i7-5930K CPU, as I didn't see any real value in going with Broadwell-E, and my chip can do 4.7 GHz at 1.325 volts, but I switched back to stock to cut down on thermal output.

I do, however plan on upgrading my Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240 to the EK-KIT P280 CLiB (Custom Loop in a Box) to beef up the cooling capacity and performance, and also get started on collecting the radiators for my massive dual loop setup I plan on doing in the near-future, as I can easily reuse the 280mm radiator for my GPU loop, paired with a 560mm radiator.

Thanks! I don't remember my exact purchase date, but, it was not long after they first released the board. I almost bought two Titan XP's, but, that'd likely have been a LOT more heat to dissipate and I want the build to run relatively cool.

The 5930K is still a very strong CPU, and you can likely get that clock easily. Right now, I'm getting my 6950X up from 3.0 to 4.0GHz without changing the voltage. I might try and push it to 4.5 just for the heck of it. Right now, with the overclocked 6950X and stock 1080's, I don't think any single component exceeds 70C. So, you can definitely achieve great temperatures. I basically have 240mm of radiator space per component, so, even a single 280 for your CPU will likely do very well.

Just now, Sazexa said:

Thanks! I don't remember my exact purchase date, but, it was not long after they first released the board. I almost bought two Titan XP's, but, that'd likely have been a LOT more heat to dissipate and I want the build to run relatively cool.

The 5930K is still a very strong CPU, and you can likely get that clock easily. Right now, I'm getting my 6950X up from 3.0 to 4.0GHz without changing the voltage. I might try and push it to 4.5 just for the heck of it. Right now, with the overclocked 6950X and stock 1080's, I don't think any single component exceeds 70C. So, you can definitely achieve great temperatures. I basically have 240mm of radiator space per component, so, even a single 280 for your CPU will likely do very well.

Yeah. The reason why is I think it has to do with how the cold plate is designed for my AIO cooler (I've tried different TIM's and different applications). I am very certain that EK waterblocks (and quite frankly any waterblock) will outperform my cooler with a full loop put together. Still I'm happy with my build, it's just I want to save n thermal output and not stress my AIO cooler too much, as it can only do much.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

2 hours ago, JurunceNK said:

Yeah. The reason why is I think it has to do with how the cold plate is designed for my AIO cooler (I've tried different TIM's and different applications). I am very certain that EK waterblocks (and quite frankly any waterblock) will outperform my cooler with a full loop put together. Still I'm happy with my build, it's just I want to save n thermal output and not stress my AIO cooler too much, as it can only do much.

Yeah, for the most part, going custom is always better. You might want to look into the predator line, they'll be releasing a 280 EK predator soon. It's a full loop, with the convenience of an AIO.

Alternate fans may help with an AIO like the one you have, also. Push/pull doesn't have a big effect though. Thicker radiators > push/pull

Just now, Sazexa said:

Yeah, for the most part, going custom is always better. You might want to look into the predator line, they'll be releasing a 280 EK predator soon. It's a full loop, with the convenience of an AIO.

Alternate fans may help with an AIO like the one you have, also. Push/pull doesn't have a big effect though. Thicker radiators > push/pull

The reason why I plan on going with the EK-KIT P280 was, aside from wanting both the performance of a full-scale CPU loop and the DIY experience of actually assembling it, was that I get two things that I wouldn't need to buy after the fact, and are the ones I wanted in the first place :P. It's the EK Supremacy EVO and the CoolStream CE 280.

I'll use the rest of what comes in the kit since that's all I would have to use, but those will get replaced/upgraded when the time comes _happy__by_cookiemagik.gif

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Just now, JurunceNK said:

The reason why I plan on going with the EK-KIT P280 was, aside from wanting both the performance of a full-scale CPU loop and the DIY experience of actually assembling it, was that I get two things that I wouldn't need to buy after the fact, and are the ones I wanted in the first place :P. It's the EK Supremacy EVO and the CoolStream CE 280.

I'll use the rest of what comes in the kit since that's all I would have to use, but those will get replaced/upgraded when the time comes _happy__by_cookiemagik.gif

You'd get both of those with the EK Predator line also. :P

But yeah, building it yourself is definitely satisfying. 

4 minutes ago, Sazexa said:

You'd get both of those with the EK Predator line also. :P

But yeah, building it yourself is definitely satisfying. 

From what I could see in the pictures, the waterblock that's included is the EK Supremacy MX (the more budget-friendly option of their flagship Supremacy lineup), which is what I don't want and I don't feel like pumping out almost USD $75 for a waterblock I wanted in the first place.

And I do agree with the last statement 100%. I am a PC enthusiast and I, like you, want that experience as well ;)

Edited by JurunceNK

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Small update on the build:

Running the 6950X at 4.0 GHz. With the GPU's and CPU at 100% load, the GPU's don't exceed 65C, and the CPU doesn't exceed 85C on any cores.

• 2 months later...

Another small update. I'm changing cases, to the Open Benchtable that Luke reviewed recently. For various reasons.

I'm also probably going to get the EKWB RGB Monoblock for my board.