Utility to standardize sensitivity across all games

Hi everyone,

I am a long time reader, first time poster here on the LTT forums. aha :)

A friend and I are currently developing a gaming utility that will help users standardize their sensitivities across all their games. It is a small lightweight application which provides the service of automatically calculating your sensitivity for a range of different games based upon your desired movement distance. 

I was just wondering if you guys could let me know of your thoughts, opinions of such a utility and if you would have any interest in it.

If you would like to read more, there is a detailed article on the JumpToGamer's website at: http://www.jumptogamer.com/samesens-unifying-pc-gaming-sensitvities/

Thanks Everyone!  :D

EDIT: Check out http://www.samesens.com if you wish to keep up with development :)

Id rather not, some games require a higher dpi or ingame sensitivity then others, in battlefield i play push the sensitivity up a lto however in blacklight is a lot lower. Seems like a decent tool but its not for me.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This is a fantastic idea. Whenever i play a shooter its always hard to change from one game to another cause the sensitivity is always differently measured

Id rather not, some games require a higher dpi or ingame sensitivity then others, in battlefield i play push the sensitivity up a lto however in blacklight is a lot lower. Seems like a decent tool but its not for me.

We have addressed this, with the ability to save profiles and customize each game to the way you wish to play. You are able to create profiles and save your settings

We have addressed this, with the ability to save profiles and customize each game to the way you wish to play. You are able to create profiles and save your settings

Cool I might check it out once i get home.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I wouldn't find any use for it, it's rather easy to change in-game sensitivity. I honestly don't see why anyone would go through the trouble of saving the sensitivies for each game on a separate program if the game itself already saves your preferences.

I wouldn't find any use for it, it's rather easy to change in-game sensitivity. I honestly don't see why anyone would go through the trouble of saving the sensitivies for each game on a separate program if the game itself already saves your preferences.

Thanks for the response,

I think you miss understand the purpose of the utility. The purpose is to eliminate the fact that different games have different sensitivities. For example, if in Game 1 you move the mouse 10 cm and your character will turn 360 degrees, if you move to Game 2 and move the mouse the same distance the character will only move (for example) 100 degrees. 

The program aims to automatically calculate the in game sensitivity of each game in order to maintain a constant sensitivity across all your games. Hence, moving the mouse 10 cm (or distance set by the user) will make the character turn 360 degrees no matter which game you play with. 

This is useful, as many gamers develop a muscle memory and hence it is difficult to move between games that handle sensitivity differently. Our utility aims to eliminate the need to retrain that muscle memory to take into account the games different sensitivity factors

Sounds like a great idea, currently I have it set up so my character always does a full 360 degree turn with one full sweep of my mouse, but this utility would save me some time and awkward multiplayer deaths of me just spinning around like a ballerina whenever I get a new game.  

Thanks for the response,

I think you miss understand the purpose of the utility. The purpose is to eliminate the fact that different games have different sensitivities. For example, if in Game 1 you move the mouse 10 cm and your character will turn 360 degrees, if you move to Game 2 and move the mouse the same distance the character will only move (for example) 100 degrees. 

The program aims to automatically calculate the in game sensitivity of each game in order to maintain a constant sensitivity across all your games. Hence, moving the mouse 10 cm (or distance set by the user) will make the character turn 360 degrees no matter which game you play with. 

This is useful, as many gamers develop a muscle memory and hence it is difficult to move between games that handle sensitivity differently. Our utility aims to eliminate the need to retrain that muscle memory to take into account the games different sensitivity factors

I understand that, but you can already easily do it in every game. It doesn't take much, in 20 seconds you can easily configure it to your playstyle. All you have to do is once you start playing and you notice the sensitivity is off you go to the options menu and adjust it. If it's still off you adjust it once again. This can be done extremely fast and efficiently for each game and unless you're playing 10 new games per day then you will without a doubt save more time by doing it manually in each individual game than by downloading and configuring a program to do it for you. Not to mention that, as brown ninja said, some games do require different sensitivies so having to create and use a different profile in your program would be simply counter-productive as by default you can already configure the sensitivy level of the game without influencing anything else.

Your program would make sense if games didn't already have the option to change the sensitivity, but fortunately they do. As it stands no one needs to retrain their muscle memory to take into account each game's sensitivity, you change the actual games' sensitivity to accomodate your muscle memory.

I understand that, but you can already easily do it in every game. It doesn't take much, in 20 seconds you can easily configure it to your playstyle. All you have to do is once you start playing and you notice the sensitivity is off you go to the options menu and adjust it. If it's still off you adjust it once again. This can be done extremely fast and efficiently for each game and unless you're playing 10 new games per day then you will without a doubt save more time by doing it manually in each individual game than by downloading and configuring a program to do it for you. Not to mention that, as brown ninja said, some games do require different sensitivies so having to create and use a different profile in your program would be simply counter-productive as by default you can already configure the sensitivy level of the game without influencing anything else.

Your program would make sense if games didn't already have the option to change the sensitivity, but fortunately they do. As it stands no one needs to retrain their muscle memory to take into account each game's sensitivity, you change the actual games' sensitivity to accomodate your muscle memory.

Have you ever actually played competitively?

I can tell you that making a game have the same senstivity as another, isn't as simple as just "adjusting" the sensitivity. And you said it yourself. "Adjust it, and if its wrong, adjust it again". So how many times are you adjusting your sensitivities until "eh, its close enough". Game sensitivity options are barely ever precise, and most use notch systems. I'd love a calculator to just go "heres your number, punch it in, and your good to go."

I would never call that counter-productive.