Unable to Boot into Mac OS 9 CD

Before I begin, I don't want any flame wars about the fact that I use Macs. I use what I want, you use what you want. So anyway, bought a Snow iBook G3, 500MHz 12", 192MBs of RAM and no OS. I tried installing Mac OS 9.1 on the computer, but I can't get the computer to boot into the CD. The CD does have scratches, but it worked on a iMac G3 so it should be able to boot into the CD. I even tried booting into the CD with the iMac after attempting to use the CD on on the iBook. I tried holding the C key during the startup tone, and I tried holding alt to go into the boot menu. But no such luck. I did try booting into a OS X 10.0 Cheetah CD, and installed Cheetah without a problem. The optical drive did have some squeaks when doing this though. But didn't squeak when playing CDs. The clock battery is dead as when the laptop came in, there was no battery installed and turning it on resulted on having the time set back to 1970. I did try resetting the time to see if it would work but no such luck either. Any tips on helping me boot into Mac OS 9?

Hello 'im new here and i don't have a lot of rep but hey why not try to help anyway :).

Most of Imac G3 are pre-New world bios(rom/efi) so holding the option key won't bring the boot menu like on new mac, sometime if the cd take to much time to mount it may timeout and the mac will boot on OS either way even if you hold 'C' or 'option+command+i' so try burning a new one if you can.

Don't worry, not all of on the LTT forums hate Mac users, some of us like myself find their software far more advanced than the scratch Windows OS in several ways. Each OS has their ups and downs, it's only how they were made. I'm not really a Mac user though, I'm more of a Hackintosh user although I do own a Mac.