How i can solve this?

LeonardoCT

Recently I have got a network problem

I need to connect “virtually” two network port

For example:

Pc1 -> Pc2

Pc3 -> Pc4

pc1 must see pc2 and pc3 must see pc4 but pc1 and pc2 should not see pc3 and pc4 and pc3 and pc4 should not see pc2 and pc3

I’m using an MikroTik cloud router switch exact model number (CRS226-24G-25+RM)

Running RouterOS 6.29.1 (by MikroTik)

How I can do that?

Thank you!

Set them put on different vlans. I will look into how to do it...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

Are all 4 PCs connected directly to the CRS, or is there another switch elsewhere?

Ths CRS has a really great but somewhat unintuitive switch chip built inside, that's what the whole 'Switch' part of the UI is for. Definitely use Winbox or CLI to set it up, not the web interface. Having a serial connection to the CRS while you mess with anything on the switch chip or VLANs is preferred. There are a few really handy tutorials on the mikrotik wiki about how to use the CRS switch chip, I can't look them up for you right now though, sorry.

If you want to use VLANs in the router part and not the switch part, you need to make each port it's own master port - otherwise the computers will just communicate through the switch part. When a port is a 'master' all it's traffic goes through the switch directly to the CPU, where routing rules apply. Otherwise the switch chip does whatever it is set upto do, and then only sends data to the CPU if that's where it should go

If you have any more questions or need me help let me know. When I rolled out VLANs and port isolation on my CRS (in the switch) it was quite a roller coaster.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Adding to brwainer's post if you use VLANS in the Router Portion and not the switch then you will have routing between all 4 PC's. Using the Switch Chip will prevent you from routing between both VLANS.