MSI Aero 1080 airbus simulator

Hi there! I just got my 1080, and I was very eager to start playing games with good FPS and all. However, the very minute I downloaded the driver(s) for the gpu, the fan revved to what seemed to be an airbus simulator. In panic I strapped the PC to my desk in fear of it would to levitate. But, I really did not order the airbus simulator with the card, and I ask you guys if any of you have also received this unwanted feature? Did you manage to fix this? I read on some other forum that some people have encountered similar problems with the Founders edition card, but I could not find any similar experiences on the Aero-card. I'm thinking about re-installing win(10), but not sure if this will help.

Have a great weekend guys!

EDIT:

my temps are in the 20s degC.

2 minutes ago, HK-Eidesen said:

Hi there! I just got my 1080, and I was very eager to start playing games with good FPS and all. However, the very minute I downloaded the driver(s) for the gpu, the fan revved to what seemed to be an airbus simulator. In panic I strapped the PC to my desk in fear of it would to levitate. But, I really did not order the airbus simulator with the card, and I ask you guys if any of you have also received this unwanted feature? Did you manage to fix this? I read on some other forum that some people have encountered similar problems with the Founders edition card, but I could not find any similar experiences on the Aero-card. I'm thinking about re-installing win(10), but not sure if this will help.

Have a great weekend guys!

Which driver version did you download and now have installed?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I have 368.69.

And FYI, MSI Afterburner did not help with controlling the fan. The software reports fan going about 15/20% 

Edited by HK-Eidesen

16 minutes ago, HK-Eidesen said:

I have 368.69.

And FYI, MSI Afterburner did not help with controlling the fan. The software reports fan going about 15/20% 

If it's that slow and making that much noise, not much can be done. RIP Jet Engines coolers. Is that why its called Aero?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Damn. Then I guess I will buy watercooling for the card earlier than anticipated.. Thanks for the replies :)