New (first) build questions.

Hi guys!
I've got couple questions that's need to be answered before i start my new (and first) PC build. I only use my PC 2-5 hours a day and the budget is limited (as usual), I only play GTA 5 and ordering Battlefield 1.It will be a 1080p, single monitor mid range setup and the games set to medium/ high. I upgraded my old PC with SSD,GPU,PSU to a point where i need the 3 main components to be replaced (CPU+RAM+Mobo). I've decided what will be the most parts but I have some questions left (after searching on the forums and other reviews.)  R.C. (Reason of Choice)
Case: NZXT S340 - R.C.: The Video Card is 31cm long and i needed a case what fits it and there's no drive cage in the way of the front fans
CPU: Intel i5-6400 or Intel i5-6500  -  R.C.: I'd like to use DDR4 RAM instead of DDR3 and also they are newer CPUs with better support than I5-4460. (I do not plan on overclocking).
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black CL14 2133Mhz  16GB (Dual channel 2x8 GB) - R.C.: 8 Gigs would be fine but I'm alt+tabbing a lot and checking something on google ( usually with Chrome).
Mobo: Asus H170-PRO - R.C.: I do not plan on overclocking thats why not the Z170 and i know it's an expensive motherboard but i wanted something good quality and resistant against electricity fluctuation.
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X - R.C.: X series has better bearings over the EVO so It lasts longer and has an improved design on the heat sink (I know i will never get to a point where the fans would die on me but its good to have.)
GPU: R9 270x TOXIC OC Edition R.C.: At the time it was the best 200$ GPU in the mid range category.
PSU: EVGA 500B - R.C.: Good quality PSU, good reviews and japanise capacitors.
Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500 GB Samsung 7200 RMP HDD.  R.C.: Kept it from the older PC, Windows and GTA 5 on the SSD other data on the HDD (Standard).
Case fans: ??? 10-15$ each. (2x 140 mm front, 2x 120 mm back?)
-Questions: 
   -Which CPU should i get? As i mentioned i do not plan on overclocking the i5-6400 is 194$ and the i5-6500 is 214$. The difference between these two as 3-5 FPS and 5-7% in performance. Is it worth the 20$? The whole budget to the  Case(75$)+CPU (194$ or 214$)+Cooler(42$)+RAM(85$)+Case fans (45-55$ 10-15$ each? )+Motherboard(125$) would be around 500$-550$.
   -What case fans would be good for that S340, it has an air filter for the front fans( Maybe Static pressure fans? 140MM 2x on front and 2x 120 MM at the back i know the additional 2 fans (1 front 1 back) only means 1-2 degrees lower temps  but it might be an overkill and waste of money, that's why i ask you guys! .
 -Can high voltage (1.5V) ram damage the Skylake CPUs?
That's about it. I'm sorry if i know something wrong, feel free to tell me. :D English isn't my native language.
I really appreciate your time and effort in reading and answering to me.

The evga 500b isn't a good quality unit, more of a 'meh' psu. Chinese/taiwan capacitators. Fine for lower end builds but not for higher-end builds. Get a corsair cx550m or seasonic s12ii instead. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1.if its pure gaming then 6400 should be enough. ppl say 6500 has a better price/peformance ratio. but if you dont need the extra power y waste money on it.

2.I think you only need two case fans. one in front and one in back. as you said more fans wont give a lot improvement in cooling. Down the road if you find your system is warm you can always buy new fans. i think air volume > air pressure, since you have a exhaust fan to move air out at the back. bring more cool air in should be more effective in cooling. Air pressure is important for water cooling radiators IMO.

3.never seen RAM damage a cpu unless its broken ones.

4. i dont know if you intend to choose this but if you dont overclock you dont need a 3rd party cooler. the stock cooler from intel is enough for non overclock cpus.

@herman mcpootis As i've seen from reviews and testing they are recommending this PSU for mid range builds, because it has a decent quality, btw i do not want to change the PSU, but thank you for your suggestion! :)

@Devin92 1. Yeah I'm more likely to get the 6400 because 20$ is 20$ :D .

2. So if i get it right, 2 Fans for intake and leave only 1 as exhaust? 

3. Yeah that might be just rumor.

4. In my area the summer is critical, it usually between 30-36 °C and I don't turn on the A/C often because my cat gets cold and sneezing :D Poor little fellow :D.

Thank you for your reply!

2 minutes ago, patrs4 said:

2. So if i get it right, 2 Fans for intake and leave only 1 as exhaust? 

I think 1 in front (intake) and 1 in back (exhuast) is enough. But 2 intake 1 exhuast works too. it create a positive air pressure, which is gd.

@Devin92 Yeah, the S340 has air filter and i think i'll stick with 3 fans (2 intake 1 exhaust) :) Thank you for your advise!

What fans do you recommend? 2x 120mm intake and 120 exhaust or 2x 140mm intake and 1 120mm exhaust? And any trusted brands what you consider good for this type of setup (air filter etc).

1 minute ago, patrs4 said:

@Devin92 Yeah, the S340 has air filter and i think i'll stick with 3 fans (2 intake 1 exhaust) :) Thank you for your advise!

What fans do you recommend? 2x 120mm intake and 120 exhaust or 2x 140mm intake and 1 120mm exhaust? And any trusted brands what you consider good for this type of setup (air filter etc).

corsair AF is gd. 120mm is fine. dont need 140mm.