creative sb0880 and sennheiser pc 350 se 2015

Hello. 

Im looking for any help I can get. I want to buy sennheiser pc 350 se 2015 and I'm wondering if they will fit good with my Creative sb0880 soundcard? 

I heard that the pc350se are 150ohms. Do I need any amp to make them sound clear and satysfying? Or the soundcard is enough? Anyway, any opinions about the sennheiser's pc 350 se 2015? 

Thanks for any help ;)

I had no idea they were 150 and I just confirmed that you're right, I've been running them off the back of my mobo, no issues at all. 

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

There is more than impedance that effects how hard it is to push headphones. The sensitivity of the driver also plays a huge part in how much power you will need to push them. Good practice though is to get the headphones and if they aren't loud enough for you, then decide on getting an amp.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

So basically the impedance wont make positioning any worse? I want to buy this headphones only for FPS games and casual movies/music. The Impedance/Ohm's only stand for loudness/volume of the headphones? The sound will be identical withouth amp but quieter?  Sorry for bad english but the audio stuff is like black magic for me ;p 

Sell your soundcard, there is no benefit if you ask me. I ran my pc350se of the motherboard just fine, like I do now with my G4me One (Same headset, just little more open).

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

16 minutes ago, no1special said:

So basically the impedance wont make positioning any worse? I want to buy this headphones only for FPS games and casual movies/music. The Impedance/Ohm's only stand for loudness/volume of the headphones? The sound will be identical withouth amp but quieter?  Sorry for bad english but the audio stuff is like black magic for me ;p 

Just make sure you quote the person you are replying to. That way, they will get a notification. 

As for your questions, the overall physical shape and design of the headphone will affect the sound signature the most. Here is a thread that does a good job of explaining some audio stuff. 

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

1 hour ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Just make sure you quote the person you are replying to. That way, they will get a notification. 

As for your questions, the overall physical shape and design of the headphone will affect the sound signature the most. Here is a thread that does a good job of explaining some audio stuff. 

Thanks a lot. Maybe I'm weirdo and my english is not good enough but I have found some nice informations here but didnt find the answer I was looking for. I know everything matters, built quality etc. But can you tell me : the impedance of the headphones can change the sound quality? Or it makes them only quieter in my case. I dont have any amp and I'm not planning to buy one but im sure the headphone volume will be ok for me. My ears are very sensitive and I like everything to be very quiet. Basically I have listed above my soundcard and Im planning on buying the sennheiers pc 350 se. Is it safe to buy them? Im not worried about the volume, I'm worried that they require too much ohms for my soundcard to produce and it might destroy the sound quality.  

5 minutes ago, no1special said:

Thanks a lot. Maybe I'm weirdo and my english is not good enough but I have found some nice informations here but didnt find the answer I was looking for. I know everything matters, built quality etc. But can you tell me : the impedance of the headphones can change the sound quality? Or it makes them only quieter in my case. I dont have any amp and I'm not planning to buy one but im sure the headphone volume will be ok for me. My ears are very sensitive and I like everything to be very quiet. Basically I have listed above my soundcard and Im planning on buying the sennheiers pc 350 se. Is it safe to buy them? Im not worried about the volume, I'm worried that they require too much ohms for my soundcard to produce and it might destroy the sound quality.  

Like I said before, don't worry about the impedance. 

Some will seem like they don't come alive without an amp but try your soundcard first.

1 hour ago, no1special said:

It's very unsafe to buy them. Some people have bought the PC 350 SE and were never heard from again.

I expect they were eaten by wild ohm(u).