If I buy Forza Horizon 3...

JoaoPRSousa

... with my Microsoft account, would someone else using the same Xbox One be able to also play the game (using a different account obviously)? Or is that only possible with physical copies?

(didnt know how to title this, so... sorry for the clickbait if someone comes here thinking it was about something else :|)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

If I understood what you mean correctly, you gotta get physical copies :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

If I understood what you mean correctly, you gotta get physical copies :/ 

Well. Shite. Thanks for the input tho. Physical copies for PC will be hard to find I guess tho xD

4 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Well. Shite. Thanks for the input tho. Physical copies for PC will be hard to find I guess tho xD

Never used to be like that. Wonder why MS changed it. Used to be that all user accounts had access to the main users digital library as long as it was on the same machine.

EDIT : Just realized that this is for pc gaming, not the xb1 lol

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

4 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Never used to be like that. Wonder why MS changed it. Used to be that all user accounts had access to the main users digital library as long as it was on the same machine.

EDIT : Just realized that this is for pc gaming, not the xb1 lol

Well, Forza Horizon 3 is gonna feature Xbox Play Anywhere, which means, you buy it once and you'll have it for all platforms (W10 and XB1)

I dont freaking know, I might email Microsoft, should be easier if they even reply xD

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Well, Forza Horizon 3 is gonna feature Xbox Play Anywhere, which means, you buy it once and you'll have it for all platforms (W10 and XB1)

I dont freaking know, I might email Microsoft, should be easier if they even reply xD

Why not contact their live chat?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

5 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

i dont think MS will allow you to play two instances of a game at the same time (in this case both on pc and xbone). so exactly like how steam handles it 

At any single point in time, you may only sign into the game on one Xbox One console or one Windows 10 PC. You cannot be signed into the same game on both an Xbox One console and a Windows 10 PC at the same time.

15 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

- MS quote -

Doesn't that apply to the same account only? IDK xD 

21 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Why not contact their live chat?

I might try that. Im going to buy the game anyway tho xD

10 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Doesn't that apply to the same account only? IDK xD 

yea, it applies to one account. so if you were playing a game on the pc on your own account, your friend will be able to play on the xbone or their own pc, but with their own account. so technically both of you will need to own the game. dont think they have to be phyical copies either 

With digital games your account has to be set as home account for that xbox and any user can play games downloaded to that system. IE when BO3 and a few others came out my buddy in a different state got them for free as long as my account was set as home on his console.

With the new Anywhere system I am not sure if that principal will still apply. However I can fully verify that the above method works as I just got done playing some BO3 with the same buddy.

18 hours ago, Kithkannin said:

With digital games your account has to be set as home account for that xbox and any user can play games downloaded to that system. IE when BO3 and a few others came out my buddy in a different state got them for free as long as my account was set as home on his console.

With the new Anywhere system I am not sure if that principal will still apply. However I can fully verify that the above method works as I just got done playing some BO3 with the same buddy.

I hope so :D

If your account is the host account (account used in the setup) for the console all other accounts on that console will have access to the purchases of the host account.

That I know of you will need the physical copy to have the game on multiple accounts, but it has been a long time since I been on my Xbox so  I may not be correct :/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.6  COOLER: Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: MSI Sli Plus Z170 | GPU: GTX 970 Ftw  | RAM: Crucial ballistix @2400MHz (16gb) (8GB) | SSD: ADATA SP550 (240GB) HDD: Seagate 1tb & 2tb  | PSU: Corsiar 600W | Case: Anidees crystal cuvbe lite Display 1x: Asus VG248QEKeyboard: Coolermaster Tk | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Sound: Blue Yeti Blackout,beyerdynamic dt 770 pro & Logitech z200