Computer wont start up

johnadams123412

Me and my friends built a new computer, however the issue at hand is when we try to turn on the computer, the motherboard flickers a red light on cpu, then a red light on dram, then a red light on vga and the whole thing powers off like the fans and all components connected to the mobo, but the mobo light stays green.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What specs? Where are these lights? Try removing the gpu and use the igpu and use different ram

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VRG7Ps

build ^

Lights on the mobo, like it shows cpu led and it flickers red, then the dram led flickers red, then vga 

We have the gpu removed already, and dont have extra ram on the side

2 minutes ago, IshGames said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VRG7Ps

build ^

Lights on the mobo, like it shows cpu led and it flickers red, then the dram led flickers red, then vga 

We have the gpu removed already, and dont have extra ram on the side

You need the gpu as the mobo doesn't have a igpu, id try a different one if you have it.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You need the gpu as the mobo doesn't have a igpu, id try a different one if you have it.

but i dont think that matters, because the computer itself auto shuts down after each red light flickers

1 minute ago, IshGames said:

but i dont think that matters, because the computer itself auto shuts down after each red light flickers

Try different ram.

do a quick cmos reset

also, do you have another cpu to put in the slot?  ( could be a single core, doesn't matter )

27 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Try different ram.

same issue

17 minutes ago, LabRat said:

do a quick cmos reset

also, do you have another cpu to put in the slot?  ( could be a single core, doesn't matter )

Trying cmos reset right now, and no other cpu at all.

38 minutes ago, LabRat said:

do a quick cmos reset

did cmos reset, however, when we have the cpu power unplugged everything is on except the red light for the cpu implying that it doesnt have power. But as soon as we plug it in, the same problem occurs, each led flickers and computer powers off.

assuming all power is connected properly......... try to breadboard.......... you did install the standoffs?

13 minutes ago, LabRat said:

assuming all power is connected properly......... try to breadboard.......... you did install the standoffs?

all power is connected properly, whats breadboard?? and yes standoffs are installed.

37 minutes ago, LabRat said:

Ok some progress, or info, the computer will turn on like the mouse keyboard monitor will turn on as we turn the comp on but immediately turns off. when i believe its the cmos cover thing when we put it in the computer will turn on, but mouse, keyboard, monitor no signal happens and we get the red led on cpu. 

when you installed the cpu........ you lifted the arm, set the cpu in ( the correct way ) and moved the arm back down and locked it?

you didn't bend any pins?

run only 1dimm in the farthest slot from the cpu.

1 minute ago, LabRat said:

when you installed the cpu........ you lifted the arm, set the cpu in ( the correct way ) and moved the arm back down and locked it?

you didn't bend any pins?

Yep, checked pins as well, they were fine.

also, the reason I asked about a different cpu was the bios not being new enough for the cpu.

also, try that 1 dimm in all the slots, ignore what the booklet says.

2 minutes ago, LabRat said:

also, the reason I asked about a different cpu was the bios not being new enough for the cpu.

also, try that 1 dimm in all the slots, ignore what the booklet says.

What does that mean like the second part? "try 1 dimm in all the slots"

I told you above to use 1 ram stick ( dimm ) in the farthest slot from the cpu....... and later I said to move that stick into the other slots. ( then you can do the same for a different stick.

breadboard......... remove motherboard from case. assemble on wood corner braces or a piece of cardboard and see if it will  start.

try to start with the cpu  and ram stick and ssd hooked up ( installed ). nothing else on the board.

1 hour ago, LabRat said:

I told you above to use 1 ram stick ( dimm ) in the farthest slot from the cpu....... and later I said to move that stick into the other slots. ( then you can do the same for a different stick.

breadboard......... remove motherboard from case. assemble on wood corner braces or a piece of cardboard and see if it will  start.

try to start with the cpu  and ram stick and ssd hooked up ( installed ). nothing else on the board.

Contacted support, gonna rma. thanks for the help/. 

what are you going to rma? the board, the ram or the cpu?

39 minutes ago, LabRat said:

what are you going to rma? the board, the ram or the cpu?

the board, concluded it wasnt ram. idk about cpu.

maybe it's just the bios..?? maybe you should note the cpu going on the board.

12 hours ago, LabRat said:

maybe it's just the bios..?? maybe you should note the cpu going on the board.

Well I spoke to someone, and he said the motherboard bios wouldn't work with the cpu and neither would the ram, so any recommendations for a different motherboard and ram that would actually work with the build? 

the funny thing is is that that board ( on their site - with the correct bios ) will support that cpu. I'll get back later with a board........... however, I always try to avoid geegaws and doodads............. the 9590 being one of them. no sense for that processor.

1 minute ago, LabRat said:

the funny thing is is that that board ( on their site - with the correct bios ) will support that cpu. I'll get back later with a board........... however, I always try to avoid geegaws and doodads............. the 9590 being one of them. no sense for that processor.

Ye i didnt build (even tho previously stated ) lol everything was done by friends. Just tryna help you know? 

well, as I read the information supplied by users and read further into it............. why not return the cpu and get a 8350?