Are my idle temps too high

dkp1988

Hi I live in san Antonio,TX and  I have the rampage v extreme with the 5820k 6 core CPU with the Noctua NH-D14 and im trying to find out if these temps are too hot at idle.. these temps are at stock speeds as well.

Temperatures    
Motherboard    32 °C  (90 °F)
CPU    37 °C  (99 °F)
CPU Package    46 °C  (115 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1    37 °C  (99 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2    37 °C  (99 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #3    36 °C  (97 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #4    38 °C  (100 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #5    35 °C  (95 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #6    36 °C  (97 °F)
PCH    38 °C  (100 °F)
VRM    41 °C  (106 °F)
GPU Diode    33 °C  (91 °F)
WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0    35 °C  (95 °F)
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB    38 °C  (100 °F)

I want to know cuz i over clocked my cpu yesterday to 4.4ghz and i ran aida64 and I saw temps at 83 even 84 degrees, but the temps above are the cpu running @ stock speeds.

Idle temps don't really matter. Look at load temps instead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

the load temps the highest I've seen was 83 and 84 and that was when it was during the stability test and i overclocked it to 4.4 ghz 

2 hours ago, dkp1988 said:

the load temps the highest I've seen was 83 and 84 and that was when it was during the stability test and i overclocked it to 4.4 ghz 

Those temps are fine. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Those temps are fine. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

These are my temps idle at booting up into windows overclocked at 4.5 and core voltage at 1.3

Motherboard 32 °C (90 °F)
CPU 42 °C (108 °F)
CPU Package 52 °C (126 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 43 °C (109 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 43 °C (109 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #3 42 °C (108 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #4 42 °C (108 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #5 42 °C (108 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #6 42 °C (108 °F)
PCH 39 °C (102 °F)
VRM 48 °C (118 °F)
GPU Diode 37 °C (99 °F)
WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 35 °C (95 °F)
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB 37 °C (99 °F)

Do you think that I should re apply thermal paste or dont even bother?

10 minutes ago, dkp1988 said:

Do you think that I should re apply thermal paste or dont even bother?

Reapplying thermal paste doesn't do much for idle temps. Case airflow makes more of a difference.

There's no need to though. Like I said, your temps are fine. 

Please paste as plain text in the future--your text is all white on black in the Day theme. 

10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Please paste as plain text in the future--your text is all white on black in the Day theme. 

On the other hand on Night theme its much better than normal black text on white bg.

As to topic, temps are on high side for that cooler. Whats your room temp, are fans running with limited speed and what case and airflow setup you have?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv