play videos in 2 second slices

Anyone know of a way to play a video in 2 second clips automatically?  I know i can 'pause' 'play' the videos, but its tricky to get it exactly 2 seconds, and i could edit the video, but editing multiple videos that are a few minutes each in 2 seconds would take to long, even if i try to 'chapter' each one.  So, does anyone know of a quick way that can quickly divide a video into 2 seconds parts?  

Thanks

Have you tried using video editing software? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I'm not good with video editing, but with my basic skills, i can slice the videos, and stuff, but i'd be doing it one slice at a time, which takes time, especially when i'm trying to do it exactly 2 second parts.  

Do you know of a faster way?  like, a way to roll over one edit to the rest of the video?

ps... i run imovie, and i'm on a mac.  

6 minutes ago, never_here said:

Anyone know of a way to play a video in 2 second clips automatically?  I know i can 'pause' 'play' the videos, but its tricky to get it exactly 2 seconds, and i could edit the video, but editing multiple videos that are a few minutes each in 2 seconds would take to long, even if i try to 'chapter' each one.  So, does anyone know of a quick way that can quickly divide a video into 2 seconds parts?  

Thanks

So you want to take multiple videos and show 2 seconds of each one after the other?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

So you want to take multiple videos and show 2 seconds of each one after the other?

there are multiple videos i need to look at.  In each video, i need to analyze the whole video, but divide them in 2 seconds each.  As each 2 seconds, i need to write something for it.  

Right now, pausing and playing is making it hard to stay within 2 seconds... so wondering if theres a way to quickly edit a video in 2 second parts.  Its an annoying project... =_=

AHK

^g:
Loop 20
{
   Send {Space}
   Sleep 2000
}

it'll play 2 seconds of video, then pause for 2 seconds and you'll end up with 10 pieces of video being played back totaling 20 seconds over 40 seconds of total time

assumption is made that your video playback software accepts Space Bar for Play/Pause input

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

3 minutes ago, never_here said:

there are multiple videos i need to look at.  In each video, i need to analyze the whole video, but divide them in 2 seconds each.  As each 2 seconds, i need to write something for it.  

Right now, pausing and playing is making it hard to stay within 2 seconds... so wondering if theres a way to quickly edit a video in 2 second parts.  Its an annoying project... =_=

May I ask why? :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

probz some kind of educational project, learning a language or culture or analyzing literature or something...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

look down

1 hour ago, DXMember said:

probz some kind of educational project, learning a language or culture or analyzing literature or something...

very close.  analyzing a person, rather than a language or culture.  But its annoying.  play pause is slow, gets the job done, but slow... editing would technically work... but its slower... so... ya, was wondering if there was a way to either edit a video quicker, to segment the video in 2 second clips quickly, or a way to have like, VLC play only 2 seconds at a time.  

When i analyze, i dont have to do much per 2 seconds, but i need to check each 2 seconds specifically, and compare it to other peoples data.  Thats where it gets complicated.  Our results wouldn't work well if we didn't use the 'same 2 seconds' thus we rely on the counter.  But even with media players now, its annoying trying to get specific times.  VLC allows you to jump to time points, but, even then, its annoying.  =_=

1 hour ago, DXMember said:

AHK

^g:
Loop 20
{
   Send {Space}
   Sleep 2000
}

it'll play 2 seconds of video, then pause for 2 seconds and you'll end up with 10 pieces of video being played back totaling 20 seconds over 40 seconds of total time

assumption is made that your video playback software accepts Space Bar for Play/Pause input

where do i put these lines of code?  sounds like i could really use this.

2 minutes ago, never_here said:

look down

very close.  analyzing a person, rather than a language or culture.  But its annoying.  play pause is slow, gets the job done, but slow... editing would technically work... but its slower... so... ya, was wondering if there was a way to either edit a video quicker, to segment the video in 2 second clips quickly, or a way to have like, VLC play only 2 seconds at a time.  

When i analyze, i dont have to do much per 2 seconds, but i need to check each 2 seconds specifically, and compare it to other peoples data.  Thats where it gets complicated.  Our results wouldn't work well if we didn't use the 'same 2 seconds' thus we rely on the counter.  But even with media players now, its annoying trying to get specific times.  VLC allows you to jump to time points, but, even then, its annoying.  =_=

where do i put these lines of code?  sounds like i could really use this.

AHK stands for http://autohotkey.com go to download page

3 minutes ago, DXMember said:

AHK stands for http://autohotkey.com go to download page

OHHHHH, right.  Used it before. But... is there a mac version for this that you can recommend?  I found a few online quickly, but just wondering if you can suggest one.  I'm currently away from my PC... =_=... had to leave desktop at home...

21 minutes ago, DXMember said:

works great! thanks.  i got the play pause 2 second thing done fine.  Took me a while to get a rewind function working.  It worked, just, the video file i had on had was an .MKV.  VLC player on mac doesn't skip back 2 seconds correctly.... duno why.  worked fine on an mp4.  now i can do this much faster.

Thanks for the help!

2 minutes ago, never_here said:

works great! thanks.  i got the play pause 2 second thing done fine.  Took me a while to get a rewind function working.  It worked, just, the video file i had on had was an .MKV.  VLC player on mac doesn't skip back 2 seconds correctly.... duno why.  worked fine on an mp4.  now i can do this much faster.

Thanks for the help!

;)